Eating till I vomit

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mordeci, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Sometimes I find myself eating so much that I have to vomit. It's not something I am proud of but I can't control myself at times, I eat and eat, and then I throw up from eating to much. I would be lying if I didn't say I feel sort of a relife from this, I usually feel much better after vomiting. Still it's an issue and I need more self control over it.

2. HippieHugsx3

HippieHugsx3 Active Member

Do you make yourself vomit, or does it happen naturally?

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

It happens naturally, I just eat to much and my stomach can't take it.

4. HippieHugsx3

I see. Do you eat that much to throw up on purpose, or is it just a really bad case of overeating?

5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Just a really bad case of overeating

6. HippieHugsx3

Okay, so you're not doing this on purpose. That's great! :)
    Try to eat less, until you're full.
    If you want to overeat, just think, "Umm, this didn't go down well the last time. Why would it go down well now?"
    Make a habit of eating less, until you are full.
    Just remember, if you eat less, you won't throw up!
    And honestly, who likes the aftertaste? :X

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Over eating or binge eating is just as valid a problem as other eating issues and it sounds like its having quite a large impact on your life right now.

Does anything trigger a binge?

It would probably be worth seeing a doctor about this if you can because there are a variety of things they could do to help you (such as dietary advice, maybe support from the ED services, possibly therapy, stuff like that).

8. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

The trigger is usually anxiety but at times there are no triggers, I am talking to my therpist about it soon I think.

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That's a good idea to raise it with your therapist. She might be able to give you tips and hints for how to deal with the anxiety you feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.