Emergency cafe 9/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@BraveFace , @Kiwi2016 , @Woowoo thanks for tagging:)

My emergency at the moment is that I have a bad toothache that's turning into a major headache on that side of my head. :eek:
I won't be getting back to sleep anytime soon, so I might as well get out of bed and start using my desktop. The banana fingers are floundering all over my phones keyboard.
I'll take an ibuprophen and some coffee and hope when the caffeine crash comes I can get back to sleep.
do you have a doorknob and string just joking i'm sorry you have to go through that I hope you feel better soon

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Never heard of that for toothache, interesting. I don't have any, but I can get some tomorrow on my way home. How would you apply the oil to a tooth, I'm guessing soaking a q-tip and rubbing it around the area?
Yeah, cotton bud/q-tip and dabbing it around the area. It's on old school treatment, but can be quite good in taking the edge of.
Or, as long as there isn't a hole in your tooth, orajel as it contains an anaesthetic and is specific for toothache/sore gums and helps to numb the area.

@extraterrestrialone thank you for opening up the cafe today. I'm feeling emotional. I feel guilty for feeling so emotional. I think I've had a lot of bravado since I didn't get the job I applied for, and only now, it's hitting me and I feel like I'll never get a job and all sorts of stuff my emotions and illness tell me.
so I'm drinking my iced coffee and going "La La La---I can't hear you!"
https://goo.gl/images/Ugjdsn

okay, how do I get the GIF to appear, besides clicking on it?
I'm sorry you're getting an emotional overload. But do what you gotta do to get the bad crap out. Scream, cry, write, break something (like eggs), just don't take it out on yourself.

You picked the perfect GIF. Here I'll see if it works for me:
View attachment 14358
I do this often lately. Glad I have company :)

Never heard of that for toothache, interesting. I don't have any, but I can get some tomorrow on my way home. How would you apply the oil to a tooth, I'm guessing soaking a q-tip and rubbing it around the area?
I am in the UK - got mine from local chemist as small bottle with 'droplets' thing. Yes I directly applied onto the gum with q-tip - morning and evening (after brushing teeth - it stings so check with pharmacists )

During day, when it got bad I applied again with q-tip on gum - but only once.

Pain eased after 4 days.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Had a good day at practice today. Everyone was telling me what a good job I did keeping up with the group when we were running because I usually fall off the back. A few other guys did, but not me this time. These little kids who live nearby came around to watch us practice. They hung out with me the last time they came around because that was when I was sick and not able to fully participate. The kids remembered me and seem to really like me. I did pretty well at other drills too, and I felt like people appreciated me being there. I didn't even get muddy! I just wanna talk to people more. Now I'm in my Psychology of Consciousness class.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I am in the UK - got mine from local chemist as small bottle with 'droplets' thing. Yes I directly applied onto the gum with q-tip - morning and evening (after brushing teeth - it stings so check with pharmacists )

During day, when it got bad I applied again with q-tip on gum - but only once.

Pain eased after 4 days.
You can now get clove oil gel from the chemists which is formulated for toothache. However it's usually overpriced (blame the manufacturers not the pharmacist(s) ) as they are trying to exploit the condition.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Had a good day at practice today. Everyone was telling me what a good job I did keeping up with the group when we were running because I usually fall off the back. A few other guys did, but not me this time. These little kids who live nearby came around to watch us practice. They hung out with me the last time they came around because that was when I was sick and not able to fully participate. The kids remembered me and seem to really like me. I did pretty well at other drills too, and I felt like people appreciated me being there. I didn't even get muddy! I just wanna talk to people more. Now I'm in my Psychology of Consciousness class.
that's great that's what a little positive attitude does keep up the good work

I'm so glad you've had a positive day! :)What kind sport are you doing practice for?

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
@BraveFace and @Ash600 I'll try to get some at the pharmacy tomorrow, hopefully I can surmount the language barrier. I google translated and then checked it out in image search, and the results seemed to have something to do with nail polish, so I'm not extremely hopeful, lol, but thanks, guys, I'll give it a shot;)
Ask for oil of cloves, instead of clove oil.

Failing that, orajel as already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00