Empty and sad like hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace

The depression never goes away each day when I awake it's there only when I fall asleep I may get some comfort.I keep on wondering what's the point in persisting being so miserable all the time.For the last five years I've felt nothing but misery and for the 15 odd years before that have felt a mixture of emotions.

herenow

I know what you mean...there must be small things that make you happy? You have to hang on to those things sort of...I wish I could help

icequeen

Depression is the demon that steals your soul when you least expect it but leaves you just enough to know whats happening and make you feel the way you do, he leaves us all with different bits so we all feel different but with all our different bits maybe we can help each other to fight the demon enough to get more of "us" back. keep fighting even just a little, weaken the demon that holds you. the short time i have been on this forum has given me enough to breath a bit longer...and therefore weaken my demon just a little to try and help others defeat theirs. i am still empty and sad like you, but my demon is just that little bit weaker tongiht after reading through the posts .. hang on in...dont let the demon win today :loopy:

ace

Thanks alot for your replies no nothing gives me joy anymore at all.I try to enjoy myself but it doesn't happen I wish it did but it's all hell now,the misery and blackness is too strong these days and I can't keep up the fight much longer.

I know where you are

Yeah, I'm in the no-joy-anymore phase too, which is irritating because even bodily experiences that ought to be enjoyable (getting your hair washed at the barber's etc.) just haven't been that way any longer. Like you I was in the phase last year of feeling relief from sleep, but since my depression shifted to the anxiety phase even sleeping has gotten challenging.....

I know exactly what you mean. I've got depression aswell it eat's at u and it feel's like it's never gonna go away and the longer it's there the more difficult it is 2 remember any time u were happy.
I'm sure there's plenty of times u were happy it's just difficult 2 remember when and how it feel's 2 be happy coz being depressed take's that from u.
I've had a real bad 2 weeks with my depression and felt like giving up and came close a couple of times 2 end it.
Please do sometime u used 2 enjoy and phone or see a friend coz that will make u realise ppl care about u and want 2 help u get through this tough time your having.
Keep safe :biggrin:

ace

Thank you very much for your replies it is so hard being so rotten and trying to feel better and nothing working at all.It seems like a lifetime ago that I was some what happy even a tiny bit to remember and remembering hurts like hell as well.I hate living like this especially when you're trying your best to improve.Last night I came so close to wanting to end it and again it's like I chickened out and now I hate that I'm still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00