Empty future without wanted love

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by dreamer11, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamer11

dreamer11 Member

I feel so awful. I'm unbelievably and unjustifiably insecure and I can't help it. The counseling kinda helps but not enough. I just want to die and be left in peace where nobody can make me feel inferior or lonely. I think of my future and it's totally blank, as if I've never really planned to live this long. For some reasons I thought I'd always do it very close to my current location, and now that I'm here, I'm tempted. I feel like people would kinda care bit that I'd care more about the person if the situation has flipped. I feel neglected and unloved and like this is never gonna change no matte what I try.

Ps. I'm a 20 yr old sorority girl with decent money, but I'm essentially a fugly fail at life
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello dreamer 11. I must say that you are still young and you still have your whole life ahead of you. I was once suicidal. I tried killing myself for some of the same reasons. And let me tell you I am grateful that I am alive! The truth is none of us know what the future holds. Talking from experience.....you'd be cutting yourself short. Life is full of ups and downs. Trials and errors. Accomplishments and failures. But that's life. You deserve the life you want but it's not going to fall into your lap. That's the fun part, making things happen. At least that's how I feel. Everyday is a new adventure...
    Hang in there girl! ((Hugg))
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Dream 11...if you are in a sorority, then I presume you are at a university...that is an accomplishment...it took me years to know what I wanted to do, and when I finally found it, it really changed my life...that is not unusual...being insecure is something that can be worked on...even though I am a seemingly outgoing person, for years I was petrified of interacting with people...the hidden self, changed the side of the street people were walking on, got violently ill if I had to present anything and hated being so afraid...through therapy and practice it became less of a concern...please keep posting and see if others have strategies for how they have dealt with their insecurities...welcome again
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

People cannot make you feel inferior, or lonely. We do that to ourselves. People can treat us in a way and we react to that in a way. They may be responsible for their actions as unkind people or selfish, or egotistical, or whatever.... but we are responsible for how we feel and how we allow that to affect us. Most importantly - we cannot change or control the actions of other people. We can with effort control our own actions and learn to react in a way that reflects the nature of the problem (their actions) and our reaction to that in a way that does not give the opinions of other people more credibility than it deserves. I do not believe "dead" is superior to or less lonely than alive.

If you want to get the notice and attention and respect- stop paying attention to the ones that make you feel inferior and lonely. Ignore them and the actions that make you feel that way. What are you studying in school? Do you like the field of study you are in? What year are you in? More attention to the things you have some control over and discussion on where to go with that will solve the problem of a blank future with no plans...

Take Care and Be Safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.