End of year coming to an end

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Oceans, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

Anyone feeling that as the end of year approaches they feel more depressed about their life?

I feel I am not moving any where in life and it is getting me down. There is nothing to show for the year's spent. I don't know how to cope with it. Year after year.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes hun i too feel that way another year we have conquered really and now we have to face a new one. Hopefully hun together the next year will not be so alone Depression always seems to be bad a this time of year. Hugs to you ok.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah it's like...I failed for another year, and I hate to see some more failure for the next year. I guess that just means I have to make a change in life. If I keep doing things the same way, I'll never feel better about my life.
  4. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you Witty. As this year comes to an end quickly I realize that all the plans I had about this year and making my life better haven't happened and now I'm stuck on how I'm supposed to change my life for the better. There's so much I didn't do that I wanted to.

The end of ths year brings a never ending sadness that I always feel after every year comes to an end.

I'm hoping to figure out a way to change my life soon or this will be an endless circle...
  5. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

I feel the same way.. I hope 2013 will be a better year for all of us.
  6. marjoke

marjoke Account Closed

I won't reach 2013...and that is a relief

2012 has been a real disaster to me...every following year will be but I will not let it come that far...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  7. emoprincess

emoprincess Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Another year of pain down and loads more to go (unless I can help it). It reminds me how much it hurts, and I look back and can't really see anything i've achieved in the past year. It's really depressing.
  8. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Nope, not at all. The problem is that everyone only views the past year thinking on only the big things that transpired and tend to forget about the many small accomplishments they have made which make up for a lot more of your time well spent.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

For some reason our minds tend to focus on and place more importance on the negatives. There could be 500 positive things that happened, but the 1 bad is all that is remembered. Did I accomplish my goals for 2012? Absolutely not. Does that make me a failure? No. Do I view myself as one? Yes. Do I want to live to see 2013? The answer is simple. No. But the reality is that more than likely I will so maybe I need to do a better job of recognizing the positives and not letting the negatives consume my every walking moment.
  10. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Yep. Especially as so much shit has happened this year to put my back to where I started off years ago. Unemployed and alone with less friends and more anger.

But you have to stop thinking about the bad stuff that has happened. Or the lack of good stuff. 2013 is a new year so treat it as a new start. Remember how you feel now and don't let yourself feel like that this time next year! x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.