evening depression?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

anyone else get depressed in the evening? Or when it's cold...if my apt is cold I get depressed and sleepy...the moment I put the heater on though, I seem to perk up and feel better...

anyone else feeling like that? or am I just abnormal?

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Evenings and nights are the most difficult time of the day for me. It seems to enhance all those negative thoughts and feelings. Im generally the opposite regarding temperature, I like things cool, I've extra personal insulation you see...

We are all different, and to answer, no... You are not abnormal at all.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes. I agree with Mo. you are not abnormal.

I find nightime much better than earlier in the day. However I have terrible trouble in the cold weather. And I do not like the earlier sunsets. No not at all.

It can take a lot of work by the body to try to warm itself. So yes, I do think that being cold can be tiring for sure. I have a horrible time in winter. You and I live in a very cold climate. Sadly the cold lasts way too long for me. I think I warmed up in mid june this year. :hug:

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The only thing I dislike about the dark is the quiet, because it can be a bit eerie. During the day, I'm surrounded by people who make me feel worse about myself. At night, I'm alone and it causes me to reflect on what's gone wrong in my life. So I guess I am always depressed, but I can understand depression being worse late at night. I think it's worse this time of year, when I'd rather just stay in bed all day.

5. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I've never really been able to tell if I get more or less depressed during different times/weather. I seem to be down pretty much always, no matter what. But I personally LOVE night time. If anything, the darkness of night makes me less depressed. But like Witty, I just don't like it to be too quiet. As for cold, I like it as long as it's not freezing, and I hate heat. I suppose if I'm super cold that might make my depression a bit worse.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Son Johnny and I got a heat pump, 10 yrs or so now..got great heating and cooling capabilities.. We sleep at about 66 Fahrenheit and 70 during the days.. Find lot of snow and being home bound pretty depressing.. Thank goodness that does not happen often!!!

Take my antidepressants hour before going to bed..the depression has been circling for few hours by then.. Very happy to go to bed and pull the blankets up and just sleep..

Most nights I wake first sometime tween midnight and 1am..meds are working then and world looks good to me then.. Part of my signature here is every morning is a new beginning.. Most times is true!!!

7. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I am a morning person. I get up bright eyed and bushy tailed. However, during the course of the day, I get run down by events of the day, and when the evening comes, I start getting depressed and have vague thoughts of suicide. I take my meds and knock myself out before I get too wound up by upsetting thoughts that can trigger my depression and suicidal thoughts. My psychiatrist recommend that I do better with lots of light and try to get out in the sun more to fight off my depressive feelings. Anyway, that's just how I live and cope everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.