ever have things you can't look at...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by scaryforest, Jan 29, 2014.

1. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

ok. so... my grandad was a quirky one and cancer by star sign. lol.
    and he was very loving and died many a moon ago.

anyway on day he vacated this life we were at cinema watching fantasia 2000. it is a small thing and idk why am typing this but though i have wanted to many times, can't seem to watch that film again ever

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Understandably hun that movie brings back the pain the sadness of losing your grandfather
    Your grandfather though would love for you to watch it and enjoy it he would hugs

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Aw, hun. :hug: Yes, sometimes things that we associate with a person who has died are hard to face again.
    But TE has it right - your granddad would probably want you to be able to enjoy all the good things life offers
    you, including that movie.

4. scaryforest

i am socially backwards and can't communicate things well
    but i appreciate you both replying here and it made that rank moment a bit brighter for me

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Scaryforest, you were able to communicate well here. *nods* Perhaps you are underestimating yourself, hun.

Reading your original post, I thought perhaps you're feeling guilty for having been at a movie when he died, and so seeing that movie again hurts. Or it just reminds you of him, and that hurts.

Sometimes grief for one loss gets mixed up with other things that make us feel sad. Could the movie be a kind of "trigger" not just for your granddad but also for other things that cause you pain? Maybe things that you try not to think about? Multiple losses or sad experiences can add together into something bigger than we realize. Is there anything else going on in your life that is stressful or a painful reminder of the past?

Take care of yourself. :hug:

6. scaryforest

thank you for those thought provoking questions
    also, what is your horoscope jk