Exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsme:)

I'm sick of people telling me i'm clever.

so i've done well in maths so far, i put twice as much work into it as everyone else if they over a paper a night they would get higher than me.
Just because i've done well doesn't mean i don't worry about exams, or at the start i find revision really hard. I'm so SICK of people saing 'yeah but you're dead clever'
So because i've done well in the past means i'm garenteed my grades?! no.

And because i focused so much on my maths i failed my other exams... U's not just lower than what i need, U's.

I have to fight back tears everytime i mention about being stressed and just get 'Yeah but i have a U' I HAVE 2! yes its in an easier subject and i didn't put my all into it but its still U's! MORE than one. Its not even like they don't realise i have more U's than them :'| they know, i reply telling them but they just say 'yeah but you're dead clever'

It gets to me SO much and if people don't stop saying it i'm going to snap. soon.

:furious:

Monoka

A levels?

I Did okay at GCSE and took on everything i could. but now at 'AS' im only doing reasonably in one subject. i havnt yet got a grade in maths all year. teacher think im just no trying when i fail.

i also have a twin who stresses big time and i get all the jokes about me not stressing at all and that bi need to do more work. im stressing on th inside and people don't see it, which i suppose is the point.

i know hop you feel- we all hate the ones who get grades without trying, but its worse when people think that person is you..and it isnt :(

What subjects are you doing?

Yeah A levels :) Maths, Psychology and Business studies
A2 though so more stress as i can't resit these need to get to uni before fee's go up (y)
You?

inside stress is the worst because everyone expects you to be fine :(
yeah it makes me want to look like i don't know it so people wont say anything :/

Yeah A levels :) Maths, Psychology and Business studies
A2 though so more stress as i can't resit these need to get to uni before fee's go up (y)
You?

inside stress is the worst because everyone expects you to be fine :(
yeah it makes me want to look like i don't know it so people wont say anything :/

Monoka

I hadnt thought about the fees going up :(

Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Geography. i had mild deppression around october-December and was sleeping 3-4 hours a night for ages so just couldnt take anything in, in school. might as well have not been there. so jan exams were, urm dissapointing :P

i just knew i could do better :(

Hopefully next year will be better...

Yeah my year is the last to get the lower fee's so if i get in i'm okay but if i don't... well i might not be going

Tough subjects then D;
Don't worry the jump from GCSE to A level has horrible for me too, its too big a jump but you settle into it more in your second year :)

Monoka

Thank god for that..
i just have a habit of trying to do everything :-S

oh i went for the easy stuff, haha. do u really recon its easier to cope with the work the second year in?

itl be over by july :D ...

The work is harder... and there is more pressure... so in that sense its harder
But you know how everything works, you're better at revising/planning it etc its less just thrown in the deep end because you know whats coming

most people i know freaked at the jump from GCSE to A level x

Monoka

its fine untill i can't handle it anymore then i freak out inside, then outside.
i wonder if teachers have any idea how many students end up screaming at a wall or feeling like an utter failure at some point in the 2 years.

well thanks for the wise words :-P
and good luck with your exams :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00