Express your admiration

SaFa61947

Kaiser Franz
admiration n. 1 respect and warm approval. 2 something regarded as impressive or worthy of admiration. 3 pleasurable contemplation.

SOURCE: Oxford Dictionary

If SF helped you somehow, it's evident that you're grateful to the staff and the forum as a whole. Has anyone in particular had a special impact on your recovery? Who helped you during difficult times? Mention their names here. My idea is to create a sort of hall of fame of the helpers so they get some recogniton.

If you don't feel better since you joined SF, you might mention who has been keeping you from getting worse.

SaFa61947

Kaiser Franz
Since the idea is mine, I'll start.

@Princess Tiffany formerly known as Lark has helped me kind of by accident. I was having a panick attack and I came to the chat interrupting people and making weird questions. Lark didn't ignore my question and answered even though it was a bit of a personal thing. I'm greateful for that.

@Dante challenged my views on suicide and pointed my flaws of thinking. I'm eternally grateful for the help I got and what makes Dante a marvelous person is that he does that to everyone. Dante is also one of the smartest persons I had the pleasure of interact (online).

@Butterfly helped me through an article she wrote on SF and also the blog she wrote about mental health awareness. She's been through a lot and having the courage to talk so openly about my life and doing something to change the world, change people's awareness and educate them, is on my to-do list.

There are more and I could be listing almost everyone who visits the site regularly but those are the ones who happen to help me when I was at my worst.

Remeber, you don't need to have an answer as complete as mine, just mention who helped you and send out a big THANK YOU. It can make a difference in someone else's day.

@Princess Tiffany formerly known as Lark has helped me kind of by accident. I was having a panick attack and I came to the chat interrupting people and making weird questions. Lark didn't ignore my question and answered even though it was a bit of a personal thing. I'm greateful for that.

@Dante challenged my views on suicide and pointed my flaws of thinking. I'm eternally grateful for the help I got and what makes Dante a marvelous person is that he does that to everyone. Dante is also one of the smartest persons I had the pleasure of interact (online).

@Butterfly helped me through an article she wrote on SF and also the blog she wrote about mental health awareness. She's been through a lot and having the courage to talk so openly about my life and doing something to change the world, change people's awareness and educate them, is on my to-do list.

There are more and I could be listing almost everyone who visits the site regularly but those are the ones who happen to help me when I was at my worst.

Remeber, you don't need to have an answer as complete as mine, just mention who helped you and send out a big THANK YOU. It can make a difference in someone else's day.
Hey, no problem! I'm always happy to help :)

Anyway, I guess I'll say some of my own.
I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me, my teachers for teaching me things, and a big thank you for cliches for being there when I need to think of something to say.
Okay, for real this time;

Thank you @Citizen Insane for being a light in this long dark tunnel known as life. When I'm depressed, I usually just drag people down to my mood level, but you seem to always put a smile on my face with your emote combinations.

Whenever I'm in crisis, some people don't always know how to respond, but @unnoticed seems to know to say the right thing at the right time. Thank you.

@arbitrarybarry was one of the first people I formally came out of the closet in front of. Barry, being Barry, was very open about this. He's also very good at helping me feel better when sad, with his subtle witty remarks and jokes.

And don't even get me started on @charlietgirl ! Gotta love her sense of humor, constantly reminding me of the state I live in and it's governor *hiding :D Keep being awesome Charlie.

Big thanks to @SillyOldBear for being the voice of reason during difficult times.

Haven't seen him in chat for a while, but when we met, I had an amazing conversation with @Astrocent about 90s video games. Definitely a great guy to talk to.

@Wonder was one of the first people to greet me in chat, asking me questions about my pet bird. Hope you're doing well!

Some call her bubs, some call her bubble, but to me, @bubblebear will always be 'mama' :D

And last but not least, thank you @Rollingstone for legitimately being an interesting person to talk to!

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
I'm glad in a way that I am getting here fairly recently after this was posted because if this had a bunch of replies (most likely not a single one mentioning me) it would be far too painful, triggering and utterly upsetting. Anyway there are some members I can absolutely think of who have helped me at some time or another, I feel terrible in a way to single people out because I know how bad it feels to NOT be mentioned, but I will mention them anyway because this is in NO WAY a popularity thing of any kind, it is only of an absolutely sincere, because-they-truly-did-care-and-helped-me-in-some-way kind of way :)

@Autumn1973 - I will never, ever forget the fact that you DID mention me in a public forum post, and I absolutely meant it when I said that meant the world to me and was one of the nicest and most surprising forms of acknowledgment I ever got from a non-family member in my whole life :) Also for all the discussions we ever had because even though there were parts that confused me or caused me to be unsure of what to think or feel, I also did sense the sincere purity that was behind everything you said and that was an absolute delight to be a part of. Thank you for being you.

@Bbear82 - I'm guessing you'd probably rather I not say very explicitly why so I'll just say because of some of the words that have been exchanged, they have been very sincere and thoughtful and meant a lot to me. It's been rare that I've felt so seen and appreciated.

@Cagla - For your kind, supportive comments in my poems thread, for reading my poems whenever I post new ones in there (or at least clicking like on them which still means a LOT to me for sure!) and also for sharing your own wonderful poems. I admire your talent, very much!

@1964dodge - For always giving such sincere, thoughtful advice and making so much effort to help others feel better in the "How are you feeling today?" thread and elsewhere on the board. I think it's truly remarkable how you are able to be so strong to help others even when you aren't even feeling very strong yourself. It's very inspiring and makes me want to be a better person too.

@Walker - For talking to me about some of the most upsetting things I've ever experienced in my life, I still wish we could perhaps continue the convo but I understand people get busy. I'll most likely never stop wishing we could talk daily, or at least weekly, and yes I realize that makes me rather sad. Don't really care much about judgment (from anyone I'm meaning here) at this point though so whatever. Also cos I love your enthusiasm when there's things you want to know more about, you don't hold back at all you just say "I want to see that!" and I love when people are like that, very much :)

@Aurelia - For talking to me, being strong, smart, interesting and just a very inspiring person. I enjoy reading your posts and always find them very easy to read. I think it's that you have an engaging way of talking that keeps things interesting or something like that. I admire you a lot :)

@Baywasp - Again, for talking to me because I greatly admire you too. I like how you seem so easy-going, and also I envy that you've gotten to live in a city that I want to go to so bad but most likely never will be able to. I am very happy for you that you got to live in such a cool place and all the other things you've spoken of doing, it all sounds great and like you've had lots of interesting experiences in life. If I will never be able to get to actually enjoy doing those things myself, then hearing/reading you speak of it will still be a very enjoyable experience imo :)

LOTS of other people too but there is a tag limit in posts after all lol. Thank you ALL for being you though, everyone here is great, strong, inspiring and special in their own unique ways though so if you are not on this list and we've talked in PM or elsewhere on the board, please don't feel bad that you weren't mentioned in this list it does not mean I don't value you very highly as well :) Sending lots of hugs to those I mentioned and everyone else too, hope you have a nice day :) *hug*grouphug2

Cagla

romantic bastard
I'm glad in a way that I am getting here fairly recently after this was posted because if this had a bunch of replies (most likely not a single one mentioning me) it would be far too painful, triggering and utterly upsetting. Anyway there are some members I can absolutely think of who have helped me at some time or another, I feel terrible in a way to single people out because I know how bad it feels to NOT be mentioned, but I will mention them anyway because this is in NO WAY a popularity thing of any kind, it is only of an absolutely sincere, because-they-truly-did-care-and-helped-me-in-some-way kind of way :)

@Autumn1973 - I will never, ever forget the fact that you DID mention me in a public forum post, and I absolutely meant it when I said that meant the world to me and was one of the nicest and most surprising forms of acknowledgment I ever got from a non-family member in my whole life :) Also for all the discussions we ever had because even though there were parts that confused me or caused me to be unsure of what to think or feel, I also did sense the sincere purity that was behind everything you said and that was an absolute delight to be a part of. Thank you for being you.

@Bbear82 - I'm guessing you'd probably rather I not say very explicitly why so I'll just say because of some of the words that have been exchanged, they have been very sincere and thoughtful and meant a lot to me. It's been rare that I've felt so seen and appreciated.

@Cagla - For your kind, supportive comments in my poems thread, for reading my poems whenever I post new ones in there (or at least clicking like on them which still means a LOT to me for sure!) and also for sharing your own wonderful poems. I admire your talent, very much!

@1964dodge - For always giving such sincere, thoughtful advice and making so much effort to help others feel better in the "How are you feeling today?" thread and elsewhere on the board. I think it's truly remarkable how you are able to be so strong to help others even when you aren't even feeling very strong yourself. It's very inspiring and makes me want to be a better person too.

@Walker - For talking to me about some of the most upsetting things I've ever experienced in my life, I still wish we could perhaps continue the convo but I understand people get busy. I'll most likely never stop wishing we could talk daily, or at least weekly, and yes I realize that makes me rather sad. Don't really care much about judgment (from anyone I'm meaning here) at this point though so whatever. Also cos I love your enthusiasm when there's things you want to know more about, you don't hold back at all you just say "I want to see that!" and I love when people are like that, very much :)

@Aurelia - For talking to me, being strong, smart, interesting and just a very inspiring person. I enjoy reading your posts and always find them very easy to read. I think it's that you have an engaging way of talking that keeps things interesting or something like that. I admire you a lot :)

@Baywasp - Again, for talking to me because I greatly admire you too. I like how you seem so easy-going, and also I envy that you've gotten to live in a city that I want to go to so bad but most likely never will be able to. I am very happy for you that you got to live in such a cool place and all the other things you've spoken of doing, it all sounds great and like you've had lots of interesting experiences in life. If I will never be able to get to actually enjoy doing those things myself, then hearing/reading you speak of it will still be a very enjoyable experience imo :)

LOTS of other people too but there is a tag limit in posts after all lol. Thank you ALL for being you though, everyone here is great, strong, inspiring and special in their own unique ways though so if you are not on this list and we've talked in PM or elsewhere on the board, please don't feel bad that you weren't mentioned in this list it does not mean I don't value you very highly as well :) Sending lots of hugs to those I mentioned and everyone else too, hope you have a nice day :)*hug*grouphug2
I’m glad you feel this way about me 🙂 I’m truly happy to read that post and I feel the same way for you either . You care a lot for others and try to give everyone strength and peace of mind. And for sure as someone who writes poems and like poetry I’d read them and enjoy them and comment :) keep being awesome ;)

Anyway, I guess I'll say some of my own.
I'd like to thank my mother for giving birth to me, my teachers for teaching me things, and a big thank you for cliches for being there when I need to think of something to say.
Okay, for real this time;

Thank you @Citizen Insane for being a light in this long dark tunnel known as life. When I'm depressed, I usually just drag people down to my mood level, but you seem to always put a smile on my face with your emote combinations.

Whenever I'm in crisis, some people don't always know how to respond, but @unnoticed seems to know to say the right thing at the right time. Thank you.

@arbitrarybarry was one of the first people I formally came out of the closet in front of. Barry, being Barry, was very open about this. He's also very good at helping me feel better when sad, with his subtle witty remarks and jokes.

And don't even get me started on @charlietgirl ! Gotta love her sense of humor, constantly reminding me of the state I live in and it's governor *hiding:D Keep being awesome Charlie.

Big thanks to @SillyOldBear for being the voice of reason during difficult times.

Haven't seen him in chat for a while, but when we met, I had an amazing conversation with @Astrocent about 90s video games. Definitely a great guy to talk to.

@Wonder was one of the first people to greet me in chat, asking me questions about my pet bird. Hope you're doing well!

Some call her bubs, some call her bubble, but to me, @bubblebear will always be 'mama' :D

And last but not least, thank you @Rollingstone for legitimately being an interesting person to talk to!
Gotta love @Princess Tiffany for living in Maryland and putting up with Larry Hogan. lol

Props to @arbitrarybarry for always hating New Jersey.

@ameliaQ is another great one cause she is always studying and learning stuff and is curious about the world.

@extraterrestrialone will always be my favorite extraterrestrial.

And I can't forget the other kings of SF ... @Ineluki @Nick @JDot @Baywasp @Blue Star

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
@JDot I appreciate you talking to me and always caring about others.

@JMG I appreciate you sharing love and care with others even when you sometimes feel left out yourself

@Shadowlands I appreciate the hugs

@Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me when I feel alone.

@charlietgirl @pooky @Somebody Else I always appreciate chatting

@Nick @Walker you're cool and I wish you were around more

And thanks to JMG and charlietgirl for the appreciation. That made my day! It really means a lot. Sorry to anyone else I may have missed. It's the interplay of all the different people here that makes this site the special place it is!

(I just realized it said admiration not appreciation but whatever.)

Last edited:

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I really mean it when I say that everyone I interact with has some positive impact on me. I tend to admire everyone for some reason. I also admire people on SF for their courage, kindness and compassion, and I'd have to write a novel if I wanted to mention a few particular people. I hope you know who you are and that I've expressed my admiration for you enough because I really mean it.

I'm just going to echo what SaFa said about @Dante , because I believe he is too humble and kind to fully let his brilliance and genuine care for people shine through his posts.

Bbear82

There are so many people who have helped me and that i admire here. I want to share who i admire for there strength and there resilence.

@1964dodge - you are a pillar of strength to many. you show me every day that if you fight you can get better. that the sky is the limit. that friendships are important and that your never alone.

@Champagne -- you show the pillar of friendship that your word means everything. that you can be forgiven even if you make a mistake and even if you make mistakes doesnt mean your friendship ends.

@JMG - you may have just come into my life but you have shown true honesty and strength in your actions and words i admire that very much.

@Sassy the Wonderful Cat - you have always taken the time to talk to me even in pm to show that you truly do care about what is going on and that you are somebody that can be turned to in your darkest hour

SF - i admire everyone here. you are a wonderful and caring community and family to many. no one gets judged or turned away. no matter what this place has saved my life and many others. thank you for being here

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I admire anyone who has honestly said that they truly hate themselves. Even though self-hatred is often predicated from false assumption, misinformation or just low self esteem, the capacity and willingness to look at yourself and accept a negative self-view, rather than rationalise how its really not your fault (a far more pleasant alternative) shows a form of selflessness that you rarely see nowadays. The willingness to evaluate yourself poorly shows a openness to self-improvement, to making yourself better for the benefit of others, not making others better for your benefit. Having truly looked at accepted your own hatred of what you see is a sign of a kind of selflessness which flies in the face of that very belief that you arent a good person.

I admire anyone who gives so freely of their time and energies when they dont always have any to spare, (you know who you are, and if you don't, everyone else does)

I really mean it when I say that everyone I interact with has some positive impact on me. I tend to admire everyone for some reason. I also admire people on SF for their courage, kindness and compassion, and I'd have to write a novel if I wanted to mention a few particular people. I hope you know who you are and that I've expressed my admiration for you enough because I really mean it.

I'm just going to echo what SaFa said about @Dante , because I believe he is too humble and kind to fully let his brilliance and genuine care for people shine through his posts.
I admire the pure precision and dedication that must have gone into this perfect hidey-hole I have just discovered, I think I will admire it's depths in greater detail... bye now... *hides*

And thanks to JMG and charlietgirl for the appreciation. That made my day! It really means a lot. Sorry to anyone else I may have missed. It's the interplay of all the different people here that makes this site the special place it is!

Indeed appreciation is a different concept but close enough. Life is more pleasant if people show appreciation and admiration to one another. This is the reaction I wanted to provoke. People often neglect the impact they have on other people. We should be careful when we say "I'm worthless" because someone else might be watching our steps and taking note of whatever we do.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
@JDot I appreciate you talking to me and always caring about others.

@JMG I appreciate you sharing love and care with others even when you sometimes feel left out yourself

@Shadowlands I appreciate the hugs

@Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me when I feel alone.

@charlietgirl @pooky @Somebody Else I always appreciate chatting

@Nick @Walker you're cool and I wish you were around more

Aww thanks, glad you've been here for me too.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
There are many I respect. I think other posters got it correctly about how many there are that show up and offer support, advice and kind words to others to many that may just need that comfort or encouragement at that just right for needing it to be said time. There always seems so many here willing to do that for others. It is especially true with those who post up how much they crave death for themselves but they will only and all the best for others here.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00