• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Extreme Regret

Oizys Moros

No matter how obsessed you’ve been with your own v
#1
I know in our own ways, we make mountains out of molehills and our triggers may seem senseless to others.

I have a regret that is simple but right now it is seeming so major.

I did this intentionally. I knew in advance that I didn’t want to partake but I did it anyways. And now I am going to over-medicate so that my mind is not in a constant state of regret/remorse from thinking about my lack of control.

It is times like these that SH seems like a warranted reaction.

I am embarrassed to admit what this seemingly harmless behavior was. But understand it is not necessarily about the what more than it is the lack of self control when I knew the mental harm it would bring.
 
#2
It's hard to comment about this without knowing what the behavior was, but I also understand that you may not want to comment about it.

A meditation practice might be helpful. Maybe thinking about this behavior while also breathing deeply and gently so that you can learn to be more calm when you consider it.

There might also be some CBT techniques for this described in a book, though I don't know any that I could directly recommend.

It seems like you'd either have to either learn to exert self-control, or become more accepting of this behavior to avoid the distress you are facing. Maybe it's possible to do a bit of both?

I hope something can help.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top