Failed again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ljt, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Just finished a Nightshift and feeling very depressed,
    I failed in trying to arrange a Christmas night out. 30 people said yeah they will go and only 5 paid. I failed and now look stupid.

Tonight people were arranging a night out and there is people going who said they can't go to the one I arranged because they can't afford it, am I hated that much? I was stressed arranging it and it was thrown back in my face.

Why do people hate me? What have I done to them!

2. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

Sorry. Wish I was there- I'd come to yours and not the other one! I don't know what's wrong with people sometimes...but it's how people are, I don't take it personally any more.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Maybe they don't hate you, could it be a money issue really? Or perhaps they wanted something different?
    Are you out of pocket over this? do you feel they really are just being spiteful as depression always makes us think the worst of everything and makes us think the worst.
    Like the above poster said....do not take it personally as there was some people that did want to go to yours so they obviously like you :)

4. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

It's very annoying. Everyone had the option of were to go and they picked the venue so I just booked it and was arranging it. I put on free transport to and from it ( it's not even far from the city, I didn't need to do that) and still it wasn't good enough.
    Thankfully I am not out of pocket as I managed to cancel it before I was hit with a huge bill to pay

5. Petal

I'm glad you are not out of pocket, that's a plus at least. Those 5 who did pick your party are people I guess you can consider friends., as for the rest it is YOU who looks like the bigger person here and like the above poster said I would have went to your party, why? because you have class, you are generous, and you have a nice personality. Excuse my french but screw them. You tried your hardest for them, they are not worth your time or friendship. I think you are amazing.

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

There always will be flakers and freeloaders but out of others that did not fall in the category probably did not have enough money to go as economy is tough and not many have the luxury to spend money on an event. They shouldn't have led you on fully intending not to pay up. I've learned from watching coworkers deal with coworkers being left in the dust because of betting pools not being paid up when they said they were going to cuz of stupid freeloaders now most of us require money upfront before going ahead with anything in our betting pools.

It was cool that you were willing to host this venue and not get stuck with a big bill. Those people who paid up is more likely people you want to keep friends with as they're good on their word.

7. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies,
    People can be right pricks to you for no reason.

8. Petal

That for sure! Always hold your head high and be better than them.

9. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

My body is in agony, my head is ready to explode and I just want my bed. Bet if I walked out of work no one would even notice I was gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.