Failure and Dissapointment

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by liveinhope, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I attempted to take my life and when i woke up in my hospital bed i felt physically sick. Not becouse of the tablets that id taken but becouse of the terrible feeling of failure and the stark reality that i was still here meant that i had tonow try to offer those around me some kind of explanation as to why. People in particular my children asked if it was their fault, no matter how many times you tell them that it has nothing to do with them and that they are good people they still apportion blame. So why then would a person contmplare doing it again, becouse i would want to succeed and not put them through that misery again. Depression is a debilitating illness and one not always easily explained but irrespective of background or culture or religion when you bacome a sufferer for whatever your reasons the pain is as raw, the desperation as real and the feeling of emptiness certain. Im thankful ive found this site ive been in a mess for a long time now and nothing is helping:

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Depression sets in and alters our sense of reality. We can no longer see the good things others can. We hate ourselves and can find no reason to continue on. It is not particular about who, when, where, or why it strikes. It is an illness. For some people medication helps. For others they do nothing. It clouds our thinking to the point of distortion. Remember when you are feeling this way to listen to others, because much of what you think is a thinking error. If you could step outside of yourself and view yourself as others do, I think you would be surprised. Many of the negatives you feel about yourself do not exist. That is the depressive view not the realistic. Don't let the depression win. The victory needs to belong to you. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.