• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Fear of people judging my "past" or lack of achievements

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#21
@Fbr27 Do not misunderstand me - I had all this. Money, vacation, girls, a career in diplomatic service, I saw and worked in many countries, lived everywhere, speak several languages - but in the end: What is the balance of your life - when you get old? Then you start to think differently and you realize that things which seemed to be so important before, have been a waste of time, money and effort. But I know that each generation has to make its own experiences. The only difference is - for hundreds and thousands of years all remained the same. We live in a time where change is so visible that I cannot make any longer the relation between my childhood and the world we are living in now (which will go down anyway). At least, this is what I understand now. I had the best times - sorry for my kids, really.
So, what is important for you?

I get it that those things: money, career, girls, aren't that important, but still it gets you down when you don't have these things.

I understand that I live in pretty bad times. But still, it isn't fair that I don't get bare minimum to have a normal life: a job, a girl, some friends, a healthy mind.

I know that some people are way sadder and have more miserable lifes than mine. Even in this forum. But at least they had a chance to fight and have a life.

I'm really not that strong to fight, to try to do something for my life. Maybe I'm a good person who deserves best, but that doesn't make anyone get what they deserve.
 

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
#22
Let me answer this shortly: Love with 18, 30, 45 and 60 is completely different. For the jobs and all the rest - this is not important. What is important is, that when you work in different places all 2 or 3 years you are never able to have real friends or stable relations. This is impossible and in the end you find yourself pretty lonely. I have my life, I have my money to survive well.... but then? The kids I raised (4 of them) have no real relation to me - because I was always abroad to earn their schooling, vacations, education, university... What do you expect if you come home two or three times a year? The best visitor is like a fresh fish - it starts to stink after a while. But I do not complain - my life was at least interesting, And I have friends, What bothers me a lot is the world situation we are in - and I think people do not even feel what is really going on. We play everything is as always - and its the opposite: But I guess, we all will see this very shortly. I am happy to be old now - and I know that I made something out of my life, although I come from a youth with drug abuse and jail and other problems.
Have a nice evening.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#23
And my fear of people discovering about my past life isn't because I did something wrong or evil.


I never used drugs, never had any addiction, never beat someone, never cheated someone, never robbed.

My embarassment is about what I didn't do, not about what I did.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#24
And I don't want to bother you, but what do you mean by "world situation"?

I'm way more pessimistic about myself than about the world.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top