Fear of Sleep

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by belt, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belt

belt New Member

Substance abuse is gone?

Anytime i sleep, for the night, a nap, i'm plagued with torment, torture, death.

Unless I blackout, or rather, just drunk enough.

If i'm sober there is a constant presence of a ghost, or some type of evil. It fights me to wake from these nightmares. I've woke only to realize I haven't woke. I've fought kicking and screaming to wake. I've been tormented and tortured countless times. Murdered.

Of course i've experienced good dreams, wonderful dreams but they all end in nightmare.

The times I find myself without alcohol, I dread sleeping for I know what awaits me.

The worst are those where I feel awake. Regurgitating, something, that happens alot. Cesare like feeling in my legs, trying to wake only to have visuals. Especially those where I believe I have wakened only to find out the worse is yet to come.

I know it has something to do with the 3rd party entity in my brain. I forget about this thing and act normal most the time. Only remembering it after the sleep and dreams were unbearable. Now it torments me during the day. Well at least only when I think of the damn thing.

I really don't want medication that would make me zombie. Is that the only thing?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There are plenty of medications they do not make you feel like a zombie. Alcohol was your "medication" before and because you used it for a long time you have a hard time sleeping without it, it is not a 3rd party entity in your brain, it is the past alcoholism trying to make you think it is the best way. Compared to that, I would certainly choose an actual medication if , after speaking to you Dr, that is what they recommend.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

First of all I'd like to say well done on beating your alcoholism, it's hard to beat any addiction, well done and fair play to you for not giving in.

I keep having nightmares about pedophiles, I have not told anyone about it until now, somehow I feel ashamed but I guess it is good to get it out in the open and have a new pair on eyes looking at your issues?

I am on plenty of medications, none make me like a zombie, there are some that can but most do not so don't be afraid to go down the medication route if that is what you need. Speak to your doctor and see what they have to say and advise and please do not turn back to alcohol.

One question, how long are you off it, could you be in alcohol withdrawal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.