feel like i need help but....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by corey0206, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corey0206

corey0206 New Member

I feel like i need help mentally. I know your not supposed to do it but after reading up on BPD i feel pretty confident that i do have it. All i want is to go to a professional and get their opinion. My problem is my mom downplays it and says its not as bad as i think. Now i am 18 so i could go alone but she has my health insurance info so i wouldnt be able to get it from her with out her knowing what i'm doing. I would do it just out of pocket but i dont make alot of money and not sure how much it costs or even how to go about seeking help. I really wanna get help before anything bad happens. (have alot of suicidal/homicidal thoughts)

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If you're experiencing suicidal/homicidal thoughts you absolutely must see a psychiatrist. Plead with your mom, tell her it's worse than you're letting on, and make sure it happens.

3. corey0206

corey0206 New Member

i have tried. i even printed out things off the internet to show her i'm being serious and putting actually thought into it but she just thinks its me trying to get attention.

4. corey0206

corey0206 New Member

i also dont kno if i need to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Psychiatrist is your first stop as medication is the first move. Therapy takes significantly longer, for that you can go to either a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.