feel lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandyj101

hi this is my first post here .. i dont know why im here exacly .. i guess its because i have no one to talk to .. my family know im depressed but dont realise how bad i am .. im 21 and i have no friends .. and iv had to have time off work because of my anxiety so im sure they all hate me there aswel .. i cant even walk to the corner shop by myself .. i feel like such a freak .. i often only get through the day knowing i can end it all afterwards .. the doc put me on citalopram but its not working .. i feel lost i havent got anyone to turn to .. sorry for rambling. :sad:
mandy

~Claire

Welcome to SF Mandy.

A lot of us here suffer from depression & anxiety so we can relate to how you're feeling.

How long have you been on your meds for? If you feel they're not helping you should go back to your Doctor & tell them, there are lots of different ones & it can be trial & error till you find one that works for you.

:hug: xx

shades

Staff Alumni
You're not rambling! No need for apologies here. Ask doc. to try something else, there are many anti-depressants. Most of us have switched many times before finding the right one. WELCOME TO SF.

There are a lot of great people here. Please continue to share when you feel up to it. Don't be discouraged if your post runs off the board. Things move quickly here. You should be able to make some new friends and contacts. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to...I'll respond.

mandyj101

thanku shades and clair for replying .. my heads in such a mess atm .. feel like im fighting all the time with the side of my brain thats telling me to stay here and get well .. i hav been on citalopram for over a week now .. feel worse in some respects .. i think my anxiety has got worse ..i want to get well but i dont know how .. i feel like iv come to the end of the line where im never going to be normal again. :sad:
mandy

shades

Staff Alumni
Hang in there! Most of these anti-depressants tend to work that way. They make you feel worse initially, then after a few weeks they should start to make you feel much better. Like I said above, if not, they should try another. Don't give up...we'll be here to help you through it.

~Claire

Like Shades said, a lot of anti depressants can initially make you feel worse but it should settle down.

Give your tablets another few weeks but if they're still not helping after that then ask for another one. Is your GP monitoring you during your 1st few weeks?

It can be hard to fight these feelings & urges sometimes but keep reaching out, we're here to help hun.

:hug: xx

hi

welcome to SF :)

As the other peeps said - give the meds some time to work. citalopram can take several weeks to kick in and start to be effective :hug:

I'm sorry you feel so bad - but do stick round here and reach out to the other members - talking can help :hug:

Ellie

mandyj101

thanku .. i have an app with my doctor on friday if i can get there .. five days away and im already working myself up about going out of the house to it .. i wish i could function like everyone else but it just seems impossible with me .. sorry im being negative :sad: i tried to pm you shades but it wouldnt let me for some reason sorry and thanku ..
mandy

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Welcome to the forums Mandy!! Your AD usually take four to six weeks before they start helping.. Like Claire said AD's are trial and error.. Everybodys body chemistry is different.. So they will have to monitor you to see what is working for you.. Myself I am on five different meds because just the AD wasn't helping by itself..Give it a chance and see what happens..I was like you for fourteen years I never left the house except for doctor appts. or to go in the hospital.. I have been hospitalised ten times in fifteen years.. All voluntary because I didn't feel safe from my self..You can PM me anytime if you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00