Feeling a bit lost

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by MaNg0s, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Lately I have been sleeping through the day and when I do get up I am still tired and just feeling unwilling to do anything and my body just feels weak today everytime I got out of bed my legs would just shake and I keep getting headaches and feel sick after I eat Also I find myself going to the toilet a lot if I do feel stressed I know it sounds kinda gross but its true along with some really bad stomach pains. I know this sounds like text book depression but its not normal for me I could always cope with my depression whether it was by cutting, smoking weed, drinking or playing games.

I know these aren't the best ways to cope but those were the easiest for me. Now no matter what I try and do to occupy my mind I feel awful the other day I spent 3 hours before work staring at the floor listening to music. Getting mood swings too from stupid shit like my shower not working one minute I am trying to get myself pumped for the day the next I am punching my wall over and over again frustrated because of my shower. Even sex isn't satisfying for me when I am in the mood for it which is never. Which is odd for me as I am quite a sexual person with my partner. I find myself up late like I am tonight questioning what I am doing here.

I even skip work sometimes I used to do it sometimes just call in saying I have a cold or something now I don't even call I just turn off my phone and sleep through my shift and wake up after my shift starts so I don't feel soo guilty about it. I used to do it before but now I am older I really find living life trivial. For years I have thought can I really go through all this crap swallowing everything down not getting mad at people letting people push me around and blaming everything on myself without blowing up at someone.

I have posted a few threads on here about similar crap but now everything is just taking its toll on me where I feel weak emotionally and physically and I just can't find control. I don't have any friends only my partner but she has started university and is making new friends so now I don't see her for as long as I used to. Sorry for the long boring story, I would just like to get some responses from any members here who have been in the same position as me and find out what you guys do to cope.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Are you under a doctors care? Please keep posting here and we'll give our feedback to help you through this.

:hug:

3. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I used to take meds and see a shrink but the meds made me feel numb and during that time of me taking meds I tried killing myself twice. I stopped seeing the shrink because she kept asking me questions about my past and every time i explained I was not ready for it she would still keep asking.

4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You don't have to see a therapist you don't like. Sometimes we gotta shop around. I had one therapist said his job was to be of service to me and if anything about his suggestions bothered me, he wanted me to tell him so he can change his approach.

Many of us have had to try different medications until we find the right one. The one I'm taking now is very good for me, but when I first started taking it I had to take a very small dose. Only after 6 months I was able to increase to the recommended dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.