Feeling down...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by brokenandlonely, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

I've been feeling pretty down as of late as I'm sure mostly anyone that suffers from depression or a similar type of illness also goes through. I was wondering what are some good ways to get back on our feet and be able to do everyday tasks. Being motivated and finding the energy to do simple tasks let alone getting out of bed has become difficult for me at times and I'm trying to reach out for some help and any sort of assistance on how to get through this if anyone has gone through anything similar. Thanks in advanced.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just assign yourself one task a day to start try to do it first thing morning that will get you out of bed. Phone someone set up a time to meet for coffee or just to talk. small steps at first one or two things then rest It will get better depression always seems to hit in waves. Put some happy music on to okay take care.

3. brokenandlonely

Thanks so much for the reply, I will try to give what you have suggested a try and see how it works out and will definitely let you know. Depression does indeed hit me in waves and it feels like a rollercoaster at times making one moment more overwhelming than the next. I would phone someone for coffee but I don't really have any friends in real life, as I've lost them through the years from isolating and from not keeping in touch with them. Is there any music you would recommend? Thanks once again.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

5. brokenandlonely

Thanks so much! I really love music, got a huge collection and I've never heard if him. I loves me some reggae hehe. The rollercoaster is indeed a bitch, it's not as intense as it once was but it still is there and the depression hits me in waves. Ohh Just seeing it that you are from Cali yourself hehe :p Thanks once again for your reply.

6. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

Though this hasn't worked for me as of yet, it could work for you. i got told to visualise the person i want to be without the depression and take small, but positive steps towards it. it can work to give you hope.

7. brokenandlonely

Thank you glg, that actually sounds like a good idea and something I'll try out and see if it helps any. Any glimmer bit of hope is better than nothing, so worth giving a try. Thanks once again! :hug:

8. cookiemonster

I have lots of other things and I'll tell you when i remember. any time, seriously :hug:

9. brokenandlonely

Thank you, I really do appreciate it more than words can say. :hugs: Hope you are doing well, here if you ever need to talk.

10. cookiemonster

thank you so very much. the same applies to you. though i'm going away for a bit so if you want to talk while i'm gone i can give you my yahoo if you want it. :hug: take care of yourself

11. brokenandlonely

Your welcome and thanks. Aww I hope you are doing okay and I will try. Take care! :hug:

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't know how I missed this thread! Sorry Harry :hug: You know where I am if you need me :D

13. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.