feeling like a fake

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm such a fraud, such a fake. Like I'm not real. I don't know how to explain it. I feel like I make no sense, and what I say is stupid. I feel like I'm not helping anyone with what I say, that I should just shut up and stay away from people. Why am I so stressed?

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Hello, I don't know you so sorry if this is unfair for me to comment. I just wanted to ask really, is it perhaps your low self esteem depression etc making you feel what you say is worthless? Thus, this could be causing you to be stressed as you want to help? I am pretty certain if you are trying to help whatever your words might be, even if it is not said it will be appreciated by that person

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are not a fake hun your compassion and care is real and so are you hugs

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I'm unsure if that means here or IRL but I will assume it's IRL.

There's an experiment you can do to see if you're fake. Pat yourself on the tummy. If your hand goes through, like it's just air there, then you're fake. If something, perhaps your tummy, stops the hand, then you're real. Serious.

Everything you say helps other people. At minimum, by revealing something to them. They may or may not take it to heart for their own reasons, but if they don't, I doubt it reflects on you.

Best wishes.
    `:butterfly4:

Last edited: May 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.