Feeling manic again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Butterfly, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think this has been caused by the amount of stress I have been under recently. I recently did a stint of night shifts where I got little sleep, and because I was on nights I didn't take my anti psychotic because I wanted to be able to function. I also had a family bereavement and family stress and I've just started a new uni course this week. All this in conjunction with not taking my anti psychotic (which certainly hasn't helped things) I now feel quite high and elevated. At the moment I just feel more confident and proactive with excess energy, but I'm worried it's going to develop into something more, or turn into a mixed episode because I had been severely depressed before I had all this stress. *sighs* I am so fed up of this roller coaster ride.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you can get back on your meds soon you do not need the extreme highs and lows or the feelings when the psychosis come in h ugs

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

sweetie, ditto what TE said. Even though the highs are great for functioning, they will be followed by the lows. I hope with every bit of this heart of mine that you get back on the medication :pinkheart: :arms:

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I picked up my script tonight so will be taking my meds again. I don't need this right now, gah!!

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good work hun for picking the script up hugs

6. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

:( This too shall pass, Amy Thistle Moonbeam.

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

REALLY glad to hear that you are taking the meds again. :hug2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.