• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Feeling more empty than other people

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#1
Do you all feel that?

Like if there was something in your life that makes things you do less interesting or cool.

Like if people have a life and thing they care and you don't.
 

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
#3
You can't compare yourself to other people. So I'm single and when you see a couple you think "oh it must be so nice to be like them". But they might have a lot of problems in their relationships, you imagine that their lives are wonderful when you compare yourself with them. Am I better or worse off than them? No idea. And similarly how many rich and famous people lead unhappy lives when we spent so much of our time wishing we could be like them.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#4
I think pretty much everyone has notions of other people having things better, at least some of the time, but it's not really helpful to think that way imho.
I don't know if is about people having better things.

It's like the things they do seems cooler. People seems to care more about them. They seem even more pretty than me in some way.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#7
If there are specific things you see other people doing that you think are cool or good, have you tried making those things a part of your life? Have you run into some barriers?
I did some stuff that other people do.

It just feels to me that when I do these things, it feel void and empty. Like, if I travel somewhere, the memories I have about it feels forced and too little.

It's like I'm always expecting something and it doesn't feel real.
 
#9
I used to enjoy travel, and life, when I had my sweet wife. So I won't bullshit you by saying it's not possible. Now, I feel like I'm just doing time waiting to die, hopefully as close to peacefully as possible. That probably won't cheer you up. But at least you know you're not alone.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top