• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Feeling useless

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#1
I keep comparing myself to others, to what they did at what age, and what I can't do.

I know I have potential like everyone, I know that I deserve respect like everyone, but still, I don't respect myself.

I pick up everything from a person (their achievements, their lives, their personality) everything that they did and I didn't do, and I just bring myself down.

And like a self fullfiling prophecy I just do nothing.

I feel like I'm worse than everyone I love
 

full

SF Supporter
#2
I keep comparing myself to others, to what they did at what age, and what I can't do.

I know I have potential like everyone, I know that I deserve respect like everyone, but still, I don't respect myself.

I pick up everything from a person (their achievements, their lives, their personality) everything that they did and I didn't do, and I just bring myself down.

And like a self fullfiling prophecy I just do nothing.

I feel like I'm worse than everyone I love
Man its tough feeling that, not unatiral thogu, alot of people do it. Maybe right now thats the only thing like to do, down the road you might find something more positive and selnaffirming passions amd interests. Hopefullybsooner than layer.
 

Atreides

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#3
Someone once said "Comparison is the robber of joy." And I believe that to be true. Comparing ourselves to others can make us feel bad. It's important to keep in mind that life is not a competition. Someone your same age with different life experiences is not necessarily better than you. And everyone has their share of problems. These people you are comparing yourself to are probably not as perfect as you think. I'm 37 and unemployed, but my cousin is the same age and has a doctorate and a well-paying job. At first you might think I should envy him. But I don't. This is because he also has a lot of problems that I wouldn't want or wish on anyone else. My point is you never know what's going on in someone's life. I'm glad you recognize you deserve respect just as much as everyone else. And I hope you learn to give yourself the respect you deserve. Just remember SF is always here for you.
 

Fbr27

a ghoul keeper
#4
Someone once said "Comparison is the robber of joy." And I believe that to be true. Comparing ourselves to others can make us feel bad. It's important to keep in mind that life is not a competition. Someone your same age with different life experiences is not necessarily better than you. And everyone has their share of problems. These people you are comparing yourself to are probably not as perfect as you think. I'm 37 and unemployed, but my cousin is the same age and has a doctorate and a well-paying job. At first you might think I should envy him. But I don't. This is because he also has a lot of problems that I wouldn't want or wish on anyone else. My point is you never know what's going on in someone's life. I'm glad you recognize you deserve respect just as much as everyone else. And I hope you learn to give yourself the respect you deserve. Just remember SF is always here for you.
I do agree.

But at the same time I'm more of an loser than 90% of people.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top