Fighting depression for the longest time

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Daydreamer, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Member

I´m 37 and have been diagnosed with depression since I was 16. This is such a long time.
    I´m married and I have two kids. I´m doing ok for long spells of time. And then depression strikes again and I feel like I have to swim through molasses all day, everything is just SO hard to do. I really like writing and can´t even do that right now.
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Well, I hope you feel welcome here. I have no potions, but know how it feels.

You deserve the best in life, always..
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Member

Thank you, my dear.
  4. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. Depression can make you very lethargic. So many times I've wanted to express what I was feeling through writing as a means to get it out, but my brain jut will not cooperate. It's good that you talked about it some here, though. I think every little bit you can discuss it and get it out of your head can help. There's no perfect solution out there for what so many go through, but at least here you'll find people who understand what you're talking about and going through.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I certainly know how it feels. I'm diagnosed bipolar and I've had mental health problems since I was 12 and I am now 23, with the past 4 years continuously cycling between mania and depression with no respite whatsoever. When I am depressed I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever, I have to bargain with myself to do even the simplest of tasks. So you are not alone there.
  6. mandy

mandy Well-Known Member

Yup, I know how you feel ( I realize that isn't comforting or anything but…). I will be like I can do this life thing, yeah I am steadily making progress towards being okay BAM nope I don't want to walk , talk , type, anything. Like taking a shower is a huuuuge endeavor. Are you seeing anyone for this, or are you on any type of medication?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.