Filling an empty space

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Gothic Vampiress, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every time I eat, I feel like I'm filling an empty space. When I am feeling depressed, or something, I eat and I feel like I just heard the words I wanted to hear. Food has become my comfort and I gained a lot of more weight, as the result of it. Is there another way to help me fill that empty space? Meaning, another way that won't affect my health?

2. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

Lifes catch 22 you eat because your depressed and gain weight become more depressed that your getting fat and in turn you eat more.

I don't know of anything that will substitute that feeling I think you just have to keep telling yourself that I'm only eating cuz I feel bad and it's unhealthy I should only eat when I actually feel hungry. That or feel your life with hobbies that keep you away from food so you feel less tendency to eat.

Or instead find one of those rare really nice guys and everytime you feel down call and tell him what you want to hear and he will tell you.

3. That's the thing. I don't have anybody in my life :(

4. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

do you have a hobby ? i know about addiction, art and music is the only thing that helped me. it's not a cure, but helps

5. nos nomed

nos nomed Well-Known Member

Focus on your writing but don't do it at home. Go out somewhere and write like the park unfortunately our former goth safehaven of the coffee shop has been taken over by emos and trendy starbucks people. Sorry I use to know several sites for like minded goth kids and writers to chat with people in the areas around them but it's been a few years since I've really been in the goth scene. Too many hot topic posers I just kinda do my own thing these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.