Finally taken seriously after 3 years.. but..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xTheBlondex, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTheBlondex

xTheBlondex Well-Known Member

So.. on the Wednesday I had my university interview..I had the tour of the university and met the other people joining the course, eventually we were all sat in the room waiting to be called for our individual interview.. I didn't want to be there anyway, I didn't want to be on that specific course either.. I felt that I had to go to university to keep my mother and my grandparents happy. I was sat in waiting room and 1000's of thoughts were going through my mind how i wasn't good enough , i wasn't as good as the people that were waiting to..I started to get anxious my breathing changed i started shaking.. I made the decision to get up and leave. I got home and cried for hours and hours.

For the last few years I've been back and fourth the doctors, psychiatrists and councillors.. out of all of them the only person I really got on with was the councillor but the councilling was on tempoary soultion.. I'd be fine for about an hour after the session but would go back to being low again almost immediately some days i'd have good days but it would still go back to this usual 'low'. I'd given up with seeing my gp and decided to help myself.

After wednesday i finally cracked, I made an appointment with the doctor and saw her yesterday.. i burst out into tears again there and had to fill in a questionaire I've been prescribed Citalopram Hydrobromide (20mg) but I have to go back in 2 weeks time.. I'm paranoid there going to tell me theres nothing wrong and send me away and take away the tablets or the help. :sad:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No they won't take anything away they will help you. It will take awhile for the pills to work but they do work they might have some side effects but in 6 days t hat should end. You will feel better just keep taking them stay strong okay I am glad you are getting the support you need.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Its great you feel heard. I hope the anti depressants help.

It's ok to not want to go to uni. Its your life and you need to do what you want with it, not what you think others want.

If you could do what you want, what would that be?

4. xTheBlondex

xTheBlondex Well-Known Member

I really don't know what I want to do anymore.. I feel like I've been pushed and pulled into so many directions that I'd be quite happy to spend my life under the duvets right now. :/

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That's ok. Sometimes we don't need to have a plan, we just need to deal with getting through the present :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.