Finding it harder and harder to wake up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepainwithin

It takes me a good 1-2 hours of just laying in bed before I finally fall asleep, my just is just racing at 200 thoughts a second until I can finally focus on one thing and just run with it. I used to be an early riser and I used to never have trouble waking up, I'd have a 530 AM swim practice and I'd just get up at 5 and out of bed and dressed in 5 minutes no questions asked. Now, I sleep until 1 PM sometimes 2...

The sun usually wakes me up around 10 and then I just lay there until I fall back asleep, then I just keep laying forcing myself to fall back asleep. I'll sleep and sleep and sleep until I finally feel like I need to get up because I'm just wasting my life. It's really hard to wake up or atleast drag myself out of bed. I wake up with this feeling like my eyes just wanna stay closed, my chest is sore and it lasts for 2-3 hours. I find myself taking more naps, and naps are terrible... I remember I took a nap at 4 PM one day and woke up at 8 and I felt like it was 2 AM, I couldn't force myself to get up even though people were calling and texting me to do things. I skipped whatever I had going on that night and slept all through the night until about 2 the next day...

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I can relate find it hard to get to sleep find it hard to wake up don't want to wake up. Meds can make you this way too DEpression sucks the life out of you are you on meds for depression are you getting therapy. Wish i had answers for this one but maybe need to try new antidepressant meds try new things get out house more i hope you start feeling better soon let me know okay so i cantry what you trying.

thepainwithin

After a quick stint with Celexa for about a month in December I decided I didn't want to talk them anymore. I know antidepressants take a while to work but they were making my stomach hurt and vision blurry. I'm not on anything now. I'm not taking therapy either, I just can't relive everything that's happened, I dunno. Sleeping pills just don't work for me either, it's like, no matter how many I take (not that I'm shovelling them in or anything), my mind just ultimately keeps me awake. And then when I do fall asleep, I have some crazy dreams, most deal with pain or death or just some twisted things (worst case senarios of everyday things I deal with that spiral into unreality). Then in the morning it's just like... Why wake up? I do the same things everyday, I don't have many friends and there aren't many places to go out and meet people in my city, so I'm kind of in all day.

Chargette

I don't have a good sleep pattern any more. In fact it's gotten worse. It's strange but I can stay up all day so I can sleep at night and then my mind won't shut down and I don't get sleepy at all. It seems like all I get anymore is 4 or 5 hours of sleep anymore. The bummer is with depression it's so hard to get anything accomplished. Even the small stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00