• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Empathy Only for someone who has been posting

extraterrestrialone

can’t toast bread without burning it
SF Supporter
i am not having suicidal thoughts and feelings but someone has posted recently about bad feelings and i don’t know where else to post this.

i really want to comment on that thread and share and support and comfort but i’m finding it infringing on my own safety to do it. kind of triggering and making me feel that my attempt at help would be worthless that i would not know how to say what i want and just make things worse.

i don’t know why this is happening and with this person. i hope that somehow my caring is realized and felt - maybe even by just reading this message and realizing to whom it is being directed. (hey, truthfully wishing you the best)

MisterBGone

I think that, this is the sort of thing that we can all relate to. . . And certainly understand, and know how you’re feeling—(so no need to apologize; or feel the need to justify, even to yourself). I sometimes find myself connecting with something someone said, or someone themselves; and it may not necessarily even be because we’ve got similar stories, backgrounds, conflicts etc. Rather, the emotions can be felt , and related to in the same way, despite - or in spite of - the fact that we’ve got maybe little else in common. So, I believe that this was a good idea to express your feelings to that one person. But don’t worry yourself too much trying to articulate the “why’s,” as it’s not that important, nor unique. In particular, or so I’d imagine, ‘round these parts! Peace ✌️ & be well—

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
The thing with this site is that we're all dealing with our own issues. If you're feeling like it would make you feel worse in this case then definitely avoid (at least until if/when you feel up to it). Take care of your own mental health first and foremost, okay?

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
i am not having suicidal thoughts and feelings but someone has posted recently about bad feelings and i don’t know where else to post this.

i really want to comment on that thread and share and support and comfort but i’m finding it infringing on my own safety to do it. kind of triggering and making me feel that my attempt at help would be worthless that i would not know how to say what i want and just make things worse.

i don’t know why this is happening and with this person. i hope that somehow my caring is realized and felt - maybe even by just reading this message and realizing to whom it is being directed. (hey, truthfully wishing you the best)
a lot of them times here i tend not to give advice to people that i cannot help due to not having enough experience with their particular situation but usually i tend to say something to most threads since it might help them somehow

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00