Forum Introduction/Guidelines/Interest Survey

Which topic would you like for the next guided study topic? Each member may choose 2

• Relationships - how to find or maintain healthy relationships

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Self Confidence- How to improve confidence to be happier and more successful in daily life

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Dealing with Family - How to deal with difficult or abusive home life

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Motivation – how to motivate yourself to get the things you want even when you do not feel like it

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Moving on- Putting the past in the past so you can have a better future

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
This forum is to allow members, with the assistance of a facilitator to keep the topics on point and from straying too far off topic, to use no cost sources available online to explore areas that they believe would improve their life/ quality of life or areas they would like to learn more about to better understand their own or a friend or loved ones situation.

There will be a source/ or reference (possibly more than one depending on on the facilitator) that will be posted for members to read or review and then it can be discussed what it means and how it can be applied in our own lives (or if it is just complete bollocks perhaps if that is your opinion and can be backed up based on thought out reasonable discussion).

Fighting/ name calling / not showing respect for the thoughts and ideas of others will not be tolerated, but the open discussion and exploration of the topics and sharing of personal insight is encouraged.If you happen to completely not believe/ not prescribe to the course of thought or discussion this is NOT the place to try to convince the other members you are right and the source is wrong. This is not a place to openly argue and dissent agianst other members or opinions. Instead, choose not to participate in the thread at all and/or choose to volunteer to facilitate a resourced / fact based alternative concept or idea. This is to share ideas and learn together, and to enjoy open discussion, not argue or fight.

There is a poll here to help choose the first topic area. It is possible if this forum proves popular, that we will add other polls to this thread in the future to choose other topics. Facilitators are volunteers, and aside from a willingness to do the extra work and research needed to find references to discuss , are not here as professionals or experts and all views expressed in this thread are nothing more than opinions of lay persons and should be treated as such.

At all times site administrators reserve the right to edit comments to ensure compliance with site rules, remove access to particular threads or this forum, or close/delete any discussion thread or posts that they believe are not within general site rules or ethos. Topic facilitators (and the topics of discussion) are approved by the admin team.

PhoenixFailed

Survivor of 2016, Fighter in 2017
SF Supporter
I will add my introduction to NYJmpMaster's. I am a facilitator and see many people offering resources to others (because you are a giving and amazing group of people) and thought it would be a might be helpful to many if we looked at a topic together and could share ideas. There is no such resource that will fit everyone or is the "right" thing for all people. I hope to see it as a launching point that we could then share our own thoughts and suggestions on a topic. I do not have any answers, but hope we can continue to pool our resources together to make our lives better. I look forward to seeing what you think would be helpful!

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
This sounds interesting and positive, will it be held in one of the chat rooms?

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you for doing this for us @PhoenixFailed . I really can't wait til it starts,really looking forward to it. Seems like a good few members are going to take part, thanks again, I appreciate your efforts :)

PhoenixFailed

Survivor of 2016, Fighter in 2017
SF Supporter
Looks like the survey shows our first topic will be on motivation. Give me a few days to try to find some hopefully helpful resources. This is not my area of personal strength either, so I will be right alongside everyone in the learning process. I'm hoping to gather some things by this coming week.

Thank you to everyone who took the survey to help us find a needed focus, but if you were not able to do this one, don't worry, there will be others. Also, you do not have to do the survey to participate--the more people and ideas, the more likely we can get some good ideas out of it.

Feel free to pm me if you think you have a resource that I should consider. I have to work with criteria that fits this guided study forum,so please know that even if you pass along an excellent resource, it might not be used. If that feels too risky, it might not be a good time to put yourself out there just yet and that is okay too.

Phoenix

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Looks like the survey shows our first topic will be on motivation. Give me a few days to try to find some hopefully helpful resources. This is not my area of personal strength either, so I will be right alongside everyone in the learning process. I'm hoping to gather some things by this coming week.

Thank you to everyone who took the survey to help us find a needed focus, but if you were not able to do this one, don't worry, there will be others. Also, you do not have to do the survey to participate--the more people and ideas, the more likely we can get some good ideas out of it.

Feel free to pm me if you think you have a resource that I should consider. I have to work with criteria that fits this guided study forum,so please know that even if you pass along an excellent resource, it might not be used. If that feels too risky, it might not be a good time to put yourself out there just yet and that is okay too.

Phoenix
Very excited about this - thank you @PhoenixFailed for organising this - you're a star! :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00