Fwiw

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brighid Moon, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Talking to my therapist today about my eating problems. She informed me that EDs are extremely common, so much more so than I would have thought. It appears we're not freaks for having them! Thought that was kind of good news.

We're going to work on mine. I have to make an appt. at the doctor, too, so she knows what's going on. We're going to work on slowly getting me used to eating again, and taking pills again.

2. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

I am very happy to hear that you are getting help and you seem to have a good attitude, that is awesome! :smile:

About eating disorders being common as good news ... I don't know. Depends on the person I guess. Some might feel like it's more "okay" (though it's not okay at all) to have an ED, since so many other people have them. Does that make sense?

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Good to hear that you've got help :hug: the sooner the better. If you go on with an ED for a long time, then it will get more difficult to get rid of it, that's my experience.
    :rose:

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I was actually surprised to meet a girl without one the other day! Most girls my age seem to struggle with eating problems.
    Glad you're getting the help you need. :hug:

5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanks, y'all. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.