Gaining

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Spuddy, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spuddy

Spuddy Member

Recently I've started gaining weight and it really scares me. I've been trying hard to loose, skipping meals etc more and more but now I'm trying to eat more for someone. At first it wasn't so bad, but I'm gaining more and more and it actually terrifys me. I'm pretty sure it's to do with how much worse I am at the moment. I self harmed the other day when I hadn't for a while, the urges get stronger and more, and I'm getting increasing thoughts about suicide and stuff.
    It's really pathetic that this is a factor of it, but I'm really sure it is, and i don't know how to deal with it or anything. In a way it's making me detach a bit from the person (my boyfriend) and I don't want to, but I can't help it. Like I said, it's only a factor, but it's an increasing one.
    I'm not sure the point of posting this, any advice?

2. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Stop being so hard on yourself! You are not pathetic and I am glad you posted this thread if it helped you release some of your anxieties. It is normal to worry when you’re gaining especially when you've held onto being very thin for so long. you obviously care very much about your boyfriend and it sound like you have his support, the worse thing you can do right now is block him out, why not share your fears and anxieties with him? It may help you come to the root of why you are so afraid of gaining weight and more importantly what made you feel that you needed to control you intake in the first place.

Always here if you need to talk, I’m just a PM away if you need me, stay safe

Rose

3. Spuddy

Spuddy Member

Thank you. I know it's the worst thing, but I can't help it.. I kind of just auto reply without thinking. I try to, but the more I say it feels like the harder it gets, not easier >.< I don't know how or why. Sometimes it seems more bother than it's worse and I know he doesn't like it when I don't tell him what's up which kinda makes it easier just to say 'I'm okay' instead or what's really up or something.

4. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

It sounds like he desperately wants to believe that every thing is well and perfect, which is understandable, it may just be that he doesn’t know how to cope with the issues at hand, but important that he is kept in the loop in order for you both to be happy. Make sure that you tell him that you don’t expect him to solve your problems; you just need someone to listen. Talking is always difficult-sometimes it can reinforce how you are unhappy in your mind, making you feel worse in the short term, but talking is a fantastic help in the long run. It will help you to deal with the issues you have and perhaps overcome them. If you can't do it with your boyfriend why not try seeing a counselor, perhaps the boyfriend can attend a few sessions with you- that way, there would be less pressure on him too.

Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.