Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SillyOldBear, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Got the double diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder and depression years. Meds never helped. I've just been hanging in there. Until now. With my job loss, at age 61, it feels like the world has collapsed around me. Unemployment soon ends, no one wants to hire someone my age. Almost no money. Death seems like an inviting option. But I don't want to die, so I continue the fight. I hope it is worth it.

I spend my days looking for work, watching tv and going to bed early. I went to see the Hobbit today and feel guilty about spending money. A friend at church has said he is tired of praying for me. My few friends are shunning me. Don't want to deal with a broke, unemployed old lady. Ain't life just grand!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

She Bear i am unemployed at 55 and looking for work going to interviews no call backs i hate having to justify as well spending money but we have to live or like you say we just curl and die no. I am glad you went and saw a movie and looked after YOU good chose hun WE are in that transition stage of life now i guess can you apply for early benefits we can hear at age 60 for old age Your friend is not much of a friend if cannot say a few prayers for you i will pray for you ok that you do get a job else where and you get supports you need to help you hugs

3. SillyOldBear

Thank you Total. I found a job when I was 57. So I believe you can at 55. It might not be a great job, but it would be a job. Sounds like things are rough in Canada too. Those of us in transition don't seem to be wanted very much. Social Security would provide very little, and would force me to pay medicare. Another bill. At least Medicaid is free.

My friend who is tired of praying for me is a devout Republican. Makes him pretty closed minded on a lot of things.

Say, how do you attach a graphic like 'Tired' to your name?

4. total eclipse

You got your profile and hit status and bar will come down and you chose mood you want hun ok hope that helps Hope you find a postion soon hugs

5. total eclipse

sorry go to mood under your profile ok and bar comes down and you can chose mood

6. SillyOldBear

Thank you, Eclipse. I added it to my profile, but it doesn't seem to show up on my post. Maybe I have to hit 29 posts before it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.