• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

ghosting

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
#23
So I was ghosted by someone for quite a while, they then contacted me like nothing was wrong, when I let them know how upset I was by this not only did they get mad at me but also have involved others behind my back like I am an idiot or something and would not notice. I am so fucking sick of people treating me like fucking shit then getting mad and pissy with me for defending myself. I am not the one in the wrong here they are, yet they are making it all about them and how horrible I am. This is why I fucking hate people, why I stopped trying to make friends for some reason I am an asshole magnet, all the fucking assholes in the world seem to gravitate towards me. FFS I graduated high school over 20yrs ago, why do I still have to deal with high school drama? It just never ends.
*hug10*consoleI can relate. It's like we're not allowed to be upset no matter how we're treated. We're just supposed to take it and keep our mouths shut. We have to deal with high school drama because high school never ends. Entertainment, sports, politics, religion, every walk of life, they're all just different versions of the drama of high school. Teenage athletes get away with rape just like professional athletes do. The only difference is that the media insists it be referred to as sexual misconduct or inappropriate sexual behavior when it's a professional. The entertainment industry is even more militant when reporting it. And the victims always take most crap about it, whether they're in high school or not.
 

Astrid78

Spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down
#25
*hug10*consoleI can relate. It's like we're not allowed to be upset no matter how we're treated. We're just supposed to take it and keep our mouths shut. We have to deal with high school drama because high school never ends. Entertainment, sports, politics, religion, every walk of life, they're all just different versions of the drama of high school. Teenage athletes get away with rape just like professional athletes do. The only difference is that the media insists it be referred to as sexual misconduct or inappropriate sexual behavior when it's a professional. The entertainment industry is even more militant when reporting it. And the victims always take most crap about it, whether they're in high school or not.
thanks for saying this, its trues as well, though for me perhaps its time I just acctept that somehow I deserve it, my life has been filled enough people telling me in some way that I am bad, wrong, abnormal...
I'm sorry you can relate to this
*hug10
 

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
#26
@Autumn1973 and @Astrid — I’m sorry you’ve both had people telling you these kinds of things. People can say all kinds of things. Just because they say it doesn’t mean they are right. As far as I know, you are both good people.

There will always be someone out there who is not like us and who feels they need to tell us that we are somehow bad/wrong/abnormal/not right because we are not like them or doing what they want or expect. Unless someone is pointing out that I’m directly harming someone, I feel free to ignore them. I know if my words/actions are good and if I’m not being as responsible as I could be. I don’t need someone to tell me. We don’t have to be exactly what others want us to be. We are individuals with our own thoughts and needs. We don’t have to be at others’ beck and call because they might want us to do something for them.

We are allowed to have our own ideas and to fulfill our own needs.

Just saying. *hug
 

Astrid78

Spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down
#27
@Autumn1973 and @Astrid — I’m sorry you’ve both had people telling you these kinds of things. People can say all kinds of things. Just because they say it doesn’t mean they are right. As far as I know, you are both good people.

There will always be someone out there who is not like us and who feels they need to tell us that we are somehow bad/wrong/abnormal/not right because we are not like them or doing what they want or expect. Unless someone is pointing out that I’m directly harming someone, I feel free to ignore them. I know if my words/actions are good and if I’m not being as responsible as I could be. I don’t need someone to tell me. We don’t have to be exactly what others want us to be. We are individuals with our own thoughts and needs. We don’t have to be at others’ beck and call because they might want us to do something for them.

We are allowed to have our own ideas and to fulfill our own needs.

Just saying. *hug
It's not just some people its ALL people. There is no one out there wondering how Astrids doing, calling just to check up. There is no one I can turn to if shit hits the fan, no one who has my back...and there isnt going to be anyone like that ever in my life.
There is such a thing as normal and if you're not normal you're fucked. Doomed to live a life in a society you dont belong in.
Being a good person doesn't make up for that either.
 
#28
It's not just some people its ALL people. There is no one out there wondering how Astrids doing, calling just to check up. There is no one I can turn to if shit hits the fan, no one who has my back...and there isnt going to be anyone like that ever in my life.
There is such a thing as normal and if you're not normal you're fucked. Doomed to live a life in a society you dont belong in.
Being a good person doesn't make up for that either.
I relate to this so much. It's very painful to feel like you don't matter to anyone. I've tried to make friends, and I've been ghosted many times too. It gets to a point where you're scared to even try because you know how it's going to end. I spend my life feeling totally misunderstood, unwanted, and lonely. I'm sorry you're hurting. *sadhug
 

Astrid78

Spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down
#29
I relate to this so much. It's very painful to feel like you don't matter to anyone. I've tried to make friends, and I've been ghosted many times too. It gets to a point where you're scared to even try because you know how it's going to end. I spend my life feeling totally misunderstood, unwanted, and lonely. I'm sorry you're hurting. *sadhug
I am so sorry you can also relate to this, thank you for sharing, its important to know there are people out there who get it
many *hug @tryagain
 

Astray

Well-Known Member
#34
I went on a date three days ago. I messaged her an hour or two afterwards to say I'd enjoyed meeting her and that I'd be up for meeting again. She hasn't replied. I guess that means she's not interested, right?
She could have just said so...
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#36
I went on a date three days ago. I messaged her an hour or two afterwards to say I'd enjoyed meeting her and that I'd be up for meeting again. She hasn't replied. I guess that means she's not interested, right?
She could have just said so...
Sadly this is how it goes. I had a date once, we went to one place, then another, had coffee, had dinner, went to an art gallery, at any point she could have made her excuses and left but seemed bothered enough to stay in my presence. All seemed fine. I sent her a similar message afterwards and she never replied and blocked me 🤷‍♂️ When I was much younger I had an online long distance relationship and then finally went on a long journey to meet her. It was a disaster. She ghosted me when i got back but in the end I was glad. I am glad my dating days are behind me 😂
 

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
#37
I have trouble understanding this also. People say all kinds of things and then treat you like you're invisible and shun you. Moreover, when you're both on the same page, everything is good, they tell you how much they care about you...but God forbid you disagree with them, and you're suddenly an asshole they don't want anything to do with. So much for caring. People who truly care don't treat others like this. You don't ghost people after you tell them how happy you are to speak to them and be their friend. It's difficult to relate to people as it is for many of us with mental health issues, let alone when they get our hopes up and then behave this way.
 

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
#38
Sadly this is how it goes. I had a date once, we went to one place, then another, had coffee, had dinner, went to an art gallery, at any point she could have made her excuses and left but seemed bothered enough to stay in my presence. All seemed fine. I sent her a similar message afterwards and she never replied and blocked me 🤷‍♂️ When I was much younger I had an online long distance relationship and then finally went on a long journey to meet her. It was a disaster. She ghosted me when i got back but in the end I was glad. I am glad my dating days are behind me 😂
Are you with anyone now, if I may ask?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top