• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

"go be like your friend"

raqtheforgettable

Well-Known Member
#1
Love how when im trying to communicate to my friend that I'm suicidal and sick of life, he treats me like a burden and like all of my problems are my fault, and that i'm just saying this for attention. I need fucking help. But a hospital isn't going to help me, i already have a therapist and a psychiatrist. they can't do anything. When i tell my friend this he says "fine go be like Tommy or my friend George"
by that he means go be like two people who killed themselves. Honestly, I just might now
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#2
I hope that you do not go and be like Tommy or George. I do hope that you can and do find the help you need, you can find plenty of support here, that is for certain and definitely I personally would not listen to anybody telling you to perform such acts. You deserve better and especially that is supposed to be your friend. Wishes for better and best to come to you.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#3
Please don't. About the time I came here a friend had jokingly suggested I kill myself to solve my problems and when I said I was actually suicidal he ghosted me. Made me feel worse at the time but eventually realised I was better off without such a friend. I'm sorry this person has said this to you and I'm sorry you are suffering. I don't think people who don't know how this feels know how to deal with us - we'll often get anger, shaming or avoidant responses which make things feel worse. I hope you know you can unburden yourself and be heard here and we won't judge you. *sadhug
 

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
#4
Love how when im trying to communicate to my friend that I'm suicidal and sick of life, he treats me like a burden and like all of my problems are my fault, and that i'm just saying this for attention. I need fucking help. But a hospital isn't going to help me, i already have a therapist and a psychiatrist. they can't do anything. When i tell my friend this he says "fine go be like Tommy or my friend George"
by that he means go be like two people who killed themselves. Honestly, I just might now
This doesn't sound like a friend. Please don't end your life because some idiot doesn't want to be bothered showing empathy.

*console *hug *console
 

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
#5
Yea not everyone can give empathy so do I can give it to others honestly and it can be challenging to find social support. At this time when we feel like theres no one to turn to or where to belong, I usually just ask my self like "what can they do about such information from me anyway, as if they're even prepared to help." Cause all we get is disappointing respond when we dont even know what kind of support we need. I'm sorry, at this point we're just feeling helpless and I try my best to shift my worry of so and so.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#6
Love how when im trying to communicate to my friend that I'm suicidal and sick of life, he treats me like a burden and like all of my problems are my fault, and that i'm just saying this for attention. I need fucking help. But a hospital isn't going to help me, i already have a therapist and a psychiatrist. they can't do anything. When i tell my friend this he says "fine go be like Tommy or my friend George"
by that he means go be like two people who killed themselves. Honestly, I just might now
*hug
I am sorry to hear you friend said that
Honestly, i feel you deserve better friends than that.
I would never in a million years suggest to a friend, or anyone at all to take their own life. That is just absolutely horrbile
Please stay safe my friend
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top