• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

God is evil, powerless, or non-existent.

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#1
The more I see of this world, the more evidence mounts up that there is a huge problem with " God".
If this God character truly exists and "knows everything ' including the future, then why did this God create certain genuinely good people to suffer ? Why give people genetic mental illness, or give them extremely abusive parents who would cause their children to develop mental illness ? Or what about all the children and babies who are abused in the most sickening and horrifying ways, often beyond the imagination of any sane person ? Yet this God character, if it even exists does nothing to protect the innocent. None of it makes sense. Could a truly loving creator do all of these things ? Obviously not.
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#2
In order to learn about ourselves we are given free will to do as we will. This leads to some terrible mistakes people make. But it is true that we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. One more very important thing. This physical world is only make believe, when we die all of us return to the spiritual world unharmed and perfect as we were when we left it for the physical. No matter how bad it seems, you are safe and secure at all times. The body is mortal, you are eternal. Love
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#3
In order to learn about ourselves we are given free will to do as we will. This leads to some terrible mistakes people make. But it is true that we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. One more very important thing. This physical world is only make believe, when we die all of us return to the spiritual world unharmed and perfect as we were when we left it for the physical. No matter how bad it seems, you are safe and secure at all times. The body is mortal, you are eternal. Love
So are we reincarnated time and time again after learning from our mistakes ? Do we also agree to suffer before being put into a human body ? I have spent over 40 years of my 59 years on this planet studying all the major religions including Buddhism, Christianity, Islam etc, and you know what ? NONE of them make any sense. They do however cause lots of wars.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#4
In order to learn about ourselves we are given free will to do as we will. This leads to some terrible mistakes people make. But it is true that we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. One more very important thing. This physical world is only make believe, when we die all of us return to the spiritual world unharmed and perfect as we were when we left it for the physical. No matter how bad it seems, you are safe and secure at all times. The body is mortal, you are eternal. Love
So are we reincarnated time and time again after learning from our mistakes ? Do we also agree to suffer before being put into a human body ? I have spent over 40 years of my 59 years on this planet studying all the major religions including Buddhism, Christianity, Islam etc, and you know what ? NONE of them make any sense. They do however cause lots of wars. Also, how could a paedophile say that raping a child was a " mistake " ? It wasn't a mistake, it was an act of premeditated intention. Evil and utterly unforgivable.
 
#5
The more I see of this world, the more evidence mounts up that there is a huge problem with " God".
If this God character truly exists and "knows everything ' including the future, then why did this God create certain genuinely good people to suffer ? Why give people genetic mental illness, or give them extremely abusive parents who would cause their children to develop mental illness ? Or what about all the children and babies who are abused in the most sickening and horrifying ways, often beyond the imagination of any sane person ? Yet this God character, if it even exists does nothing to protect the innocent. None of it makes sense. Could a truly loving creator do all of these things ? Obviously not.
I think we suffer for our own sins or from the actions of our ancestors..God is loving..that's why he came down here and died for our sins..
 

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
#6
If people are created in God's image then that would make me think God is good, ie. the vast majority of people would hate the fact that evil things happen and would get angry and upset about them. However, if the Universe was under the control of an evil being then people would celebrate this evil and want more of it to happen, not less.

Being all powerful is a difficult one, it would be nice if everyone was rich but if you just gave everyone a million pounds that wouldn't lead to a state where everything was wonderful. Also it would be nice to have really clever babies who could pass University degrees and that's clearly impossible due to the way science works, but then should God have to follow the rules of science? Why not give us a really clever baby? So I do think God is limited by these rules about what is possible and not possible within the world.

I think the idea is that by being close to God you can ask him for help in making the world a better place through us, and maybe that's something we should strive for whether we believe in God or not
 
Last edited:

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#7
If people are created in God's image then that would make me think God is good, ie. the vast majority of people would hate the fact that evil things happen and would get angry and upset about them. However, if the Universe was under the control of an evil being then people would celebrate this evil and want more of it to happen, not less.

Being all powerful is a difficult one, it would be nice if everyone was rich but if you just gave everyone a million pounds that wouldn't lead to a state where everything was wonderful. Also it would be nice to have really clever babies who could pass University degrees and that's clearly impossible due to the way science works, but then should God have to follow the rules of science? Why not give us a really clever baby? So I do think God is limited by these rules about what is possible and not possible within the world.

I think the idea is that by being close to God you can ask him for help in making the world a better place through us, and maybe that's something we should strive for whether we believe in God or not
We are currently on the verge of a global economic collapse. We are currently IN world war 3, most people don't do any research on how much this is escalating. Harvests all over the world are failing, as well as shortages in nitrogen fertilizer. Massive food shortages in the very near future. There is also the rollout of central bank digital currencies being implemented in the very near future, meaning the end of cash. These government digital currencies are Programmable and have an expiry date, the government will dictate how you spend your money. There are also the social credit systems being currently planned worldwide. Social credit systems are a dystopian nightmare. Praying to God for a better world is never going to happen. The human species is going to be wiped out by poverty, war and starvation. Oh and there is also a new pandemic coming our way with the Marburg virus and a new strain of bird flu that has mutated to infect humans. Marburg is similar to ebola, and the new bird flu is very dangerous. Sorry to be a doomer but this is the reality of the world right now. Where is God in all of this I wonder ?
 
Last edited:
#8
we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. One more very important thing. This physical world is only make believe
I generally agree with this, but not in the sense of reincarnation. And I think this only applies to those who had good intentions from the start or who want to learn from their mistakes. There's a difference between 'mistake' and just being plain evil, like many seem to be. I think much of this world is illusion, as there is so much we don't really know for sure, and I think that's on purpose.

What you're saying Paul is not lost on me, as I've felt similar at times also. I think what you're referring to is the idea of God that society or specific religions have presented to you. I guess in the long run everyone decides what they believe but in terms of suicidal thought, I just wouldn't dwell on it if possible. In other words, just worry about yourself and immediate surroundings, at least that's helped me. I'm not going to deny we live in an ever seemingly unpredictable and growing uglier world, that does not seem to have a very good future. But focusing solely on that can and will destroy someone, you have to find someway to turn the channel off of it for your own good. And that's not ignoring it or accepting it either, I tend to use the word 'tolerate' instead.

I don't want to get anymore into a religious debate, but I tend to look at it as if I can't rely on a 'God', then a rely on myself and what I can do to positively change my life and everyone else around me for the better even as I and the world continues to fall apart
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#9
I generally agree with this, but not in the sense of reincarnation. And I think this only applies to those who had good intentions from the start or who want to learn from their mistakes. There's a difference between 'mistake' and just being plain evil, like many seem to be. I think much of this world is illusion, as there is so much we don't really know for sure, and I think that's on purpose.

What you're saying Paul is not lost on me, as I've felt similar at times also. I think what you're referring to is the idea of God that society or specific religions have presented to you. I guess in the long run everyone decides what they believe but in terms of suicidal thought, I just wouldn't dwell on it if possible. In other words, just worry about yourself and immediate surroundings, at least that's helped me. I'm not going to deny we live in an ever seemingly unpredictable and growing uglier world, that does not seem to have a very good future. But focusing solely on that can and will destroy someone, you have to find someway to turn the channel off of it for your own good. And that's not ignoring it or accepting it either, I tend to use the word 'tolerate' instead.

I don't want to get anymore into a religious debate, but I tend to look at it as if I can't rely on a 'God', then a rely on myself and what I can do to positively change my life and everyone else around me for the better even as I and the world continues to fall apart
I don't believe in any of the mainstream religions as they are all obviously man made. I used to meditate very seriously and experienced something called kundalini energy. I saw into other dimensions of reality so therefore know about this specific earthbound reality. It is not what people think it is. As for myself, I was destroyed a long time ago, there is no future for me in a multitude of ways, and I'm perfectly ok with it because I know what is coming around the corner.
 

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
#10
I don't believe in any of the mainstream religions as they are all obviously man made
A lot of religions / philosophies flourished during periods of war and hardship, as if a few thinkers were trying to appeal to the masses saying "surely we can do better than this?" It seems like an appeal to try and make the world and our own lives better, and you could argue that they failed, but I still think the appeal is a good one.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#11
A lot of religions / philosophies flourished during periods of war and hardship, as if a few thinkers were trying to appeal to the masses saying "surely we can do better than this?" It seems like an appeal to try and make the world and our own lives better, and you could argue that they failed, but I still think the appeal is a good one.
I agree with this 100%. I think on one hand it was made up to control the masses by introducing a system of morality, to combat violence, theft etc . On the other hand they made it up to try and rationalise how life on earth came about, and they failed dismally on this particular subject. We still know absolutely nothing about who we really are, or what created us etc.
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#12
So are we reincarnated time and time again after learning from our mistakes ? Do we also agree to suffer before being put into a human body ? I have spent over 40 years of my 59 years on this planet studying all the major religions including Buddhism, Christianity, Islam etc, and you know what ? NONE of them make any sense. They do however cause lots of wars. Also, how could a paedophile say that raping a child was a " mistake " ? It wasn't a mistake, it was an act of premeditated intention. Evil and utterly unforgivable.
Anything we may do that is harmful to ourselves or others is a mistake. It is something we should not have done. It causes pain to ourselves as well as others. Reincarnation is a choice.

If you really want to see the whole picture follow the teachings of Jesus. Forgive others, return good for evil, etc. Doing this will allow you to step back from physical life and be in the world, but not of the world. All your questions will be answered. It is a lifetime pursuit.
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
#13
God never promised us an easy ride. Read the Bible. There is murder, rape, torture, poverty, illness throughout it. God did promise to be with us during the hard times though. And He promised a better world upon our death. Also, read the book of Revelation. This book portends the end times. I am not suggesting we are in them, but they are going to be rather nasty.
 

Atreides

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#14
I struggle with some of these subjects daily. I believe in God and Jesus. But I don't subscribe to the idea that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I believe there's good stuff in there, but it also includes contradictions and straight up errors. Ultimately, I believe the Bible is purely man-made. And I will admit I can't shake the idea that He made a mistake in putting us on this earth. They say He wants us to have free will. But it just seems the free will isn't worth the pain and suffering.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#15
I struggle with some of these subjects daily. I believe in God and Jesus. But I don't subscribe to the idea that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. I believe there's good stuff in there, but it also includes contradictions and straight up errors. Ultimately, I believe the Bible is purely man-made. And I will admit I can't shake the idea that He made a mistake in putting us on this earth. They say He wants us to have free will. But it just seems the free will isn't worth the pain and suffering.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I think the people who are in charge of the churches IE Vatican, etc have kept a lot of knowledge hidden from us, and also have put a lot of disinformation out there. I believe in a creator, just not the god of the Bible. I also think that putting us into a flesh prison human body upon a hostile planet was not a good idea.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#16
God never promised us an easy ride. Read the Bible. There is murder, rape, torture, poverty, illness throughout it. God did promise to be with us during the hard times though. And He promised a better world upon our death. Also, read the book of Revelation. This book portends the end times. I am not suggesting we are in them, but they are going to be rather nasty.
I used to belong to a Pentecostal church and have read the Bible in full a multitude of times. Over the years my faith dwindled due to certain things that would take a very long time to explain here. But thank you anyway.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#17
Anything we may do that is harmful to ourselves or others is a mistake. It is something we should not have done. It causes pain to ourselves as well as others. Reincarnation is a choice.

If you really want to see the whole picture follow the teachings of Jesus. Forgive others, return good for evil, etc. Doing this will allow you to step back from physical life and be in the world, but not of the world. All your questions will be answered. It is a lifetime pursuit.
I have tried everything: I was a member of a Pentecostal church for may years, then became a Buddhist. I reached level 9 in meditation until I had a seriously profound experience. After that, I had to stop meditating. I saw the true nature of reality.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#20
I don't believe in any of the mainstream religions as they are all obviously man made. I used to meditate very seriously and experienced something called kundalini energy. I saw into other dimensions of reality so therefore know about this specific earthbound reality. It is not what people think it is. As for myself, I was destroyed a long time ago, there is no future for me in a multitude of ways, and I'm perfectly ok with it because I know what is coming around the corner.
Interesting. What did you make of the other dimensions and this reality?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top