• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

God is evil, powerless, or non-existent.

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#21
Interesting. What did you make of the other dimensions and this reality?
The other dimensions were overpowering, like a drug trip, although beautiful beyond belief at times it scared me with its intensity and visuals. This dimension is one of suffering, lots of dark energy everywhere.
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#22
I have tried everything: I was a member of a Pentecostal church for may years, then became a Buddhist. I reached level 9 in meditation until I had a seriously profound experience. After that, I had to stop meditating. I saw the true nature of reality.
I would really like to hear about that experience. Perhaps a private message if you want. It was a profound experience that showed me the way through life.

I think it would be almost impossible to find realty in any religious group. I never could either. I found it in myself. Love
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#23
I would really like to hear about that experience. Perhaps a private message if you want. It was a profound experience that showed me the way through life.

I think it would be almost impossible to find realty in any religious group. I never could either. I found it in myself. Love
I don't know how to private message, but what happened to me was crazy. I had been practicing samatha, concentration meditation for around 18 months. I would have 3 one hour sessions per day, sometimes the sessions could last up to 3 or 4 hours if I got stuck in a state of jhana. But on one particular day I was really deep into jhana, and all of a sudden I began to feel some very, very intense energy energy in my perineum. It was the most intense erotic feeling of utter bliss. Like 100 of your best orgasms ever rolled into one. The energy began to swell throughout my body, radiating outwards, with a warm, almost hot tingling, vibrating feeling. It felt like my whole body was cumming and the energy just carried on building and building. It was the most utterly delightful feeling you could ever imagine. I was in a state of utter rapture. Then things started to get very frightening, because this energy began to become way too intense. This energy began to move directly up my spine, it was very hot and painful. I was terrified. It got stuck around my throat area for a few minutes and the pain was dreadful, until it eventually went to my head. What happened from there on was an otherworldly experience. I thought I was dreaming, hallucinating the things that I saw. I didn't know what had happened to me because the Buddhist texts I had read never mentioned this type of experience. It took me a while to find out through research that I had experienced a kundalini awakening. I had apparently opened the third eye psychic centre and seen into other dimensions of reality. I never asked for this experience because I just wasn't prepared for it to say the least. It scared the living crap out of me. I will never meditate again as long as I live. Did you also have a weird experience ?
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#24
I often feel energy when I am calm and relaxed. But never has it been painful or hot in any way. I consider it a healing process. I have read about the Kundalini before and also the state of ecstasy, but never heard of it turning painful.

My experience was an out-of-body episode. I also heard a voice asking me if I wanted to continue to live or to die. I chose life. That sent me into the spiritual books. I then had more experiences of leaving my body and attending a kind of class to learn about love. Ultimately I understood the process of life and why we are here. It was something locked within me by the turmoil of this world. When I stepped out of the chaos I understood.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#25
I often feel energy when I am calm and relaxed. But never has it been painful or hot in any way. I consider it a healing process. I have read about the Kundalini before and also the state of ecstasy, but never heard of it turning painful.

My experience was an out-of-body episode. I also heard a voice asking me if I wanted to continue to live or to die. I chose life. That sent me into the spiritual books. I then had more experiences of leaving my body and attending a kind of class to learn about love. Ultimately I understood the process of life and why we are here. It was something locked within me by the turmoil of this world. When I stepped out of the chaos I understood.
I learned that the painful experience with kundalini was due to the fact that it was burning through the spiritual blockages. It is supposed to be a cleansing process. I also have had outer body experiences, but have only had 3 of them, and they didn't last long. These were spontaneous experiences. I also have a lot of sleep paralysis and sometimes feel my body vibrating and a rushing sound in my head. Sometimes it feels as though I'm about to float outwards but it never happens. I'm really glad that you have had some very positive spiritual experiences. Did you induce the OBE yourself, or were they spontaneous. I would love to know why we are really here. Is this world like a classroom where we have to learn through painful experiences ? What is the ultimate lesson ? I would love to know. Peace. πŸ€—
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#26
The other dimensions were overpowering, like a drug trip, although beautiful beyond belief at times it scared me with its intensity and visuals. This dimension is one of suffering, lots of dark energy everywhere.
Indeed, the world of duality. I'm curious why you found seeing the beauty of those other dimensions so frightening? I have travelled through the other realms from time to time and find it reassuring rather than terrible - that there is something better. But I suppose it is shocking when you get there without expecting it and start to see that this "reality" is not the whole picture, by any means.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#27
Indeed, the world of duality. I'm curious why you found seeing the beauty of those other dimensions so frightening? I have travelled through the other realms from time to time and find it reassuring rather than terrible - that there is something better. But I suppose it is shocking when you get there without expecting it and start to see that this "reality" is not the whole picture, by any means.
Yes, it was completely unexpected, I also thought I was going insane. But of course it was just a very powerful spiritual experience. A lot of what I saw was far from beautiful. Indeed there is far more to existence than most of us can possibly imagine.
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#28
I learned that the painful experience with kundalini was due to the fact that it was burning through the spiritual blockages. It is supposed to be a cleansing process. I also have had outer body experiences, but have only had 3 of them, and they didn't last long. These were spontaneous experiences. I also have a lot of sleep paralysis and sometimes feel my body vibrating and a rushing sound in my head. Sometimes it feels as though I'm about to float outwards but it never happens. I'm really glad that you have had some very positive spiritual experiences. Did you induce the OBE yourself, or were they spontaneous. I would love to know why we are really here. Is this world like a classroom where we have to learn through painful experiences ? What is the ultimate lesson ? I would love to know. Peace. πŸ€—
My first OBE was caused by a heart attack. The others just happened. You are correct. This world is a classroom of learning about ourselves. However, it does not have to be painful or laced with problems. We create those out of our lack of knowledge that we create our own reality. We are the ones that determine our own futures.

Now, you can step back from this world by following the teachings of Jesus. He had it right, but the churches interpreted it all wrong. If you love, forgive, return good for evil, help others, etc. This process will allow you to put aside all the conflicts and chaos of this world. It will lead to an enlightenment beyond your wildest dreams. It may take some time in the practice, but it is completely worth it. Love is the key, compassion and knowledge teach that this whole world is only make believe. You are never in any danger. You are safe and secure at all times. Your body is mortal, but you are eternal. Love
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#29
My first OBE was caused by a heart attack. The others just happened. You are correct. This world is a classroom of learning about ourselves. However, it does not have to be painful or laced with problems. We create those out of our lack of knowledge that we create our own reality. We are the ones that determine our own futures.

Now, you can step back from this world by following the teachings of Jesus. He had it right, but the churches interpreted it all wrong. If you love, forgive, return good for evil, help others, etc. This process will allow you to put aside all the conflicts and chaos of this world. It will lead to an enlightenment beyond your wildest dreams. It may take some time in the practice, but it is completely worth it. Love is the key, compassion and knowledge teach that this whole world is only make believe. You are never in any danger. You are safe and secure at all times. Your body is mortal, but you are eternal. Love
What about being saved and speaking in tongues ? I never spoke in tongues and always found it weird when I used to go to church a very long time ago. People would be going crazy, saying they were filled with the holy spirit etc. Some of these modern Pentecostal churches are a bit freaky, especially those in America. When the pastor touches people and they go crazy, and start dropping to the floor etc. Also most of the evangelical preachers live in huge mansions. I don't believe in the Bible. I think it has been mistranslated and corrupted through the ages. There is also the problem of the apocrypha, the books of Enoch, and people like the Cathars. This why I no longer read, or search for answers. There is too much contradiction and confusion.
 
#30
Great thread. I've gone through most of these arguments on this and other forums. I too had a numinous experience but mine was completely positive, a feeling of intense mischievous joy and humour where I felt I was channelling the mind of God. I was watching a BBC special about hermit crabs at the time, lol.

At the time I was an atheist (former Catholic) but I'm now a Theist due to that presence which I have connected with several times since. I believe that holy books contain wisdom but are not reliable. When I was still Catholic I researched the origins of the Bible.

I see this world as a place with roughly equal amounts of positive and negative. It's human nature to focus on the negative. If you look at earlier times in history, things were equally as terrible as today.

The philosophy of Stoicism has helped me tremendously
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#31
What about being saved and speaking in tongues ? I never spoke in tongues and always found it weird when I used to go to church a very long time ago. People would be going crazy, saying they were filled with the holy spirit etc. Some of these modern Pentecostal churches are a bit freaky, especially those in America. When the pastor touches people and they go crazy, and start dropping to the floor etc. Also most of the evangelical preachers live in huge mansions. I don't believe in the Bible. I think it has been mistranslated and corrupted through the ages. There is also the problem of the apocrypha, the books of Enoch, and people like the Cathars. This why I no longer read, or search for answers. There is too much contradiction and confusion.
I agree with most all of what you say. All religion is man made. I went to those Holy Roller churches also. What happens is more fake than divine.
The Bible has been corrupted. Remember it is a book of 66 chapters written by 44 authors who lived hundreds of years apart. We don't know if all the things Jesus said were accurate either. But there is enough to begin the journey. The truth will come in the process. There is no Heaven or Hell. We come from the spirit world into the physical and return back to the spiritual world. There will be no punishments and no judging Except what you do to yourself. I was told by spirit to forget the Bible. But Jesus knew the truth and the second chapter of Corinthians know as the love chapter is worth reading.

Get rid of the fear, it is keeping you from really living.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#32
I agree with most all of what you say. All religion is man made. I went to those Holy Roller churches also. What happens is more fake than divine.
The Bible has been corrupted. Remember it is a book of 66 chapters written by 44 authors who lived hundreds of years apart. We don't know if all the things Jesus said were accurate either. But there is enough to begin the journey. The truth will come in the process. There is no Heaven or Hell. We come from the spirit world into the physical and return back to the spiritual world. There will be no punishments and no judging Except what you do to yourself. I was told by spirit to forget the Bible. But Jesus knew the truth and the second chapter of Corinthians know as the love chapter is worth reading.

Get rid of the fear, it is keeping you from really living.
I'm glad that we can agree on the vast majority of things here. And also that we have been through similar experiences. And I know what you mean about the fear, but that is slowly dissolving. Thank you.
 

Paul1963

Well-Known Member
#33
Great thread. I've gone through most of these arguments on this and other forums. I too had a numinous experience but mine was completely positive, a feeling of intense mischievous joy and humour where I felt I was channelling the mind of God. I was watching a BBC special about hermit crabs at the time, lol.

At the time I was an atheist (former Catholic) but I'm now a Theist due to that presence which I have connected with several times since. I believe that holy books contain wisdom but are not reliable. When I was still Catholic I researched the origins of the Bible.

I see this world as a place with roughly equal amounts of positive and negative. It's human nature to focus on the negative. If you look at earlier times in history, things were equally as terrible as today.

The philosophy of Stoicism has helped me tremendously
I'm glad that you have had a really positive experience. And yes, the books are not to be trusted. I also like stoic philosophy, there is a lot to be said for it, and it has helped me get through some difficult times. It's interesting how stoic philosophy is also very identical to a lot of Buddhist philosophy as well.
 
#34
I'm glad that you have had a really positive experience. And yes, the books are not to be trusted. I also like stoic philosophy, there is a lot to be said for it, and it has helped me get through some difficult times. It's interesting how stoic philosophy is also very identical to a lot of Buddhist philosophy as well.
Thanks. *hug Yes the similarities between Buddhism and stoic philosophy are striking, although there are differences as well. I personally like Stoicism precisely because it is not a religion.
 
#36
The more I see of this world, the more evidence mounts up that there is a huge problem with " God".
If this God character truly exists and "knows everything ' including the future, then why did this God create certain genuinely good people to suffer ? Why give people genetic mental illness, or give them extremely abusive parents who would cause their children to develop mental illness ? Or what about all the children and babies who are abused in the most sickening and horrifying ways, often beyond the imagination of any sane person ? Yet this God character, if it even exists does nothing to protect the innocent. None of it makes sense. Could a truly loving creator do all of these things ? Obviously not.
Yes I'm having similar issues right now with him
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top