My depression has been getting worse lately, and I know I need help. I've always been afraid of trying medication because of the possible negative side effects. I'm especially afraid of the stories I've heard about anti-depressants increasing suicidal feelings. :sad: But I was in therapy for a while, and I think it helped a lot, so I thought maybe it's time to try going back.
I stopped seeing my therapist about a year ago when I moved to a new city, and finding someone here will be difficult for a couple of reasons. Before I moved, I was attending a college with an on-campus health services center, which meant that I could see someone relatively cheaply and completely confidentially. The school I'm at now doesn't have any such services, and I can't afford to go to someone on my own. I don't know if health insurance may cover something like this, but even if it does, I'm still a student so my insurance is through my mom. I can't tell her how I've been feeling...I know it would break her heart. I tried telling her once, but I didn't even have a clue how to start. She has enough other things to deal with, I can't put her through this.
Does anyone know if there's any way I can find someone who might work with me financially? Also, I really have no idea how to go about looking for someone in the first place...when I went to Campus Health, I had little or no choice about who I saw, and I got EXTREMELY lucky that the person I got sent to was a really great guy who helped me a lot.
I would appreciate any suggestions. :hug:
I stopped seeing my therapist about a year ago when I moved to a new city, and finding someone here will be difficult for a couple of reasons. Before I moved, I was attending a college with an on-campus health services center, which meant that I could see someone relatively cheaply and completely confidentially. The school I'm at now doesn't have any such services, and I can't afford to go to someone on my own. I don't know if health insurance may cover something like this, but even if it does, I'm still a student so my insurance is through my mom. I can't tell her how I've been feeling...I know it would break her heart. I tried telling her once, but I didn't even have a clue how to start. She has enough other things to deal with, I can't put her through this.
Does anyone know if there's any way I can find someone who might work with me financially? Also, I really have no idea how to go about looking for someone in the first place...when I went to Campus Health, I had little or no choice about who I saw, and I got EXTREMELY lucky that the person I got sent to was a really great guy who helped me a lot.
I would appreciate any suggestions. :hug: