Group therapy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Danialla, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Has anyone been involved with group therapy? I was going to ask my Dr. about it because I feel so alone in my depression. I am currently having my second course of ECT in 6 months and will start maintenance ECT next month. I go to work everyday, even after the ECT treatment and act like nothing could ever be wrong in my life. I have a lot of people I can joke around with at work but no close friends anywhere. My depression has pretty well screwed that aspect of my life up! I just feel so alone and my suicidal thoughts are coming back fast and furious. Is anyone in group therapy? Does it help? Thank you

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I was in group therapy for DBT (a type of behavior training) and I'm not sure it helped. I know the behavior training didn't work and no one really opened up. I think a therapist would do you fine and if the therapist thought group was a good option I'm sure you'd be in a group. I find talking suicidal thoughts both here and to my therapist helps vent them out and I can deal with them better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.