1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group therapy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Danialla, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Has anyone been involved with group therapy? I was going to ask my Dr. about it because I feel so alone in my depression. I am currently having my second course of ECT in 6 months and will start maintenance ECT next month. I go to work everyday, even after the ECT treatment and act like nothing could ever be wrong in my life. I have a lot of people I can joke around with at work but no close friends anywhere. My depression has pretty well screwed that aspect of my life up! I just feel so alone and my suicidal thoughts are coming back fast and furious. Is anyone in group therapy? Does it help? Thank you

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I was in group therapy for DBT (a type of behavior training) and I'm not sure it helped. I know the behavior training didn't work and no one really opened up. I think a therapist would do you fine and if the therapist thought group was a good option I'm sure you'd be in a group. I find talking suicidal thoughts both here and to my therapist helps vent them out and I can deal with them better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.