Hallucinations and People talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isnt for me, but its for a friend.
i dont even know if im on a correct forum for this, but whatever.

i cant go anywhere else except for online.

my friend is suffering from PTSD, after seeing two extremely gruesome and non-related events in his life.
and hes planning on suicide.

he has been put on medication, which does not help flashbacks what-so-ever, but it now causes hallucinations.

dosage of medication will not help, he'll start becoming immune to it, and the medication makes everything worse anyway.

parents know, but not of what the medication is doing.
if they do find out, he'll be put back into psych ward, which he said he'd try and kill himself in anyway.

so thats not an answer.

hes now seeing people while hes in the shower, at school, and waking up at night.

seeing people from the events he saw, telling him to kill himself. i would personally be extremely scared if i woke up to a man next to my bed telling me to kill myself.

this is all extremely unbearable to him, and theres no apparent solution to stopping these flashbacks and hallucinations.

but if you know anything about ptsd and an alternative method to meds.

tell me.
hes 16, smart but slowly going crazy.

and theres no doubt of dying in his mind.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
As scary as going to the psych ward maybe, it's possibly the best place for him right now.
The professionals need to monitor him and maybe change the drugs they are giving him, while keeping a close eye on him.
I would definetly tell his parents what is going on with him before it gets totally out of hand.

he said the only thing keeping him here is his friends, and hes not allowed to see anyone but parents while there.

and i know that he would try, at least, to kill himself if he goes there.

hes not allowed to see anyone but parents while there
and he said that the only thing keeping him here is his friends.

and i know that he would kill himself if put in there.

Ruby

What medication is he on that's causing hallucinations? I strongly suggest that a psychiatrist is informed about this.

im not sure, but he has told his doctor
hes now on 4 medications, idk what they are
i think maybe the hallucinations have stopped, but not the flashbacks, and hes on a sleep aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00