Happy people

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Krem, Jul 30, 2010.

?

Do you dislike happy people?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I seem to have.. distase for people who're enjoying themselves. Movie, video game, book, reality, any of it. It doesn't make me angry per se, but it causes something else.. Like I wish to stop them being happy. Is this caused by my depression, or am I just a jerk? (The poll will answer that.)

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe envy?

I think its important to remember that just because someone appears happy, does not mean they are. I put on a very happy, bubbly front, but I'm really not, at all. Sometimes reminding ourselves that what people see is what the person wants people to see, not what is actually going on.

3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I am definitely envious of both happy people, and people who have lives going for them. Its not that I begrudge them what is their's, or wish anything bad upon them, I just can't handle their happiness and success around me because it makes my misery more poingant.

4. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

I feel that way about rich people, esspecially the ones who didn't work for it.

I work my ass off and I've got very little to show for it, while all these spoiled little trust fund brats just sit around all day not doing shit.

What a fucked up world....Makes me wonder why I even bother working 60 hrs/week. I'm about ready to give up.

5. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I envy happy people because...well..life is going great for them and they never have to experience suicidal feelings and stuff. It puts a barrier between me and them because they'll never really understand and I can't relate to them. I also can't relate to happy characters in any sort of story.

6. ThinkingCap

ThinkingCap Well-Known Member

It depends on what kind of happy-- if they're the kind of I-don't-give-a-f*ck-about-you-my-life-is-great, then yeah, I hate those people. But if they're just being content, happy with themselves, not infringing on me at all, then I have no qualms really. I don't think you're a jerk, it's probably just the depression.

7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It depends on what kind of happy-- if they're the kind of I-don't-give-a-f*ck-about-you-my-life-is-great, then yeah, I hate those people.

Same here :mad:.

It depends if the person is, well, a fuck head. :laugh:. There are also the seemingly normal, happy people that like to help, I like them. It's the "I'm living in my own world and everything is great and dandy" person that get me jacked off XD.

8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I don't really pay attention long enough to be jealous. But I'm very envious of successful people.

I don't think you're a jerk, envy's a natural emotion.

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Happy people don't annoy me per se. Loud mouth happy people do. I worked with that guy at one time. He was the biggest loud mouth i ever had the displeasure to work with. I could hear him laugh even when i go take a shit. And the fact everyone liked him didn't make things better. There are days, nay, everyday i wanted to throw a heavy anvil at him. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.