Has anyone ever overcome a phobia in a uique way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnD

A long time ago I had a phobia that I was too embarassed to admit having, and still am (therefore I will not say what it was). I admitted to having this phobia when I was nine years old, after having a nightmare about it. When I admitted to having this phobia, I dreamed about it again, but this time when I woke up, my phobia was gone and has not returned since. I am wondering if anyone else overcame a phobia that they had by dreaming about it.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi hun, I never left my house from 2004-2008. I couldn't leave. It was a nightmare. I started drinking every day. Bear in mind that I am only 24 now. Eventually I did leave the house and I can only put it down to medication. My G.P knew about my condition but was not very helpful at all. No psychiatrist would give me a house call. But I mostly put me overcoming my phobia down to this forum and the support I received here, so basically medication and support from here. :)

LynnD

Happy belated birthday then! My mom is born is February and so ismy boyfriend. My fboyfriend has been a great support for me - and he says I'm a great support for him when he's feeling upset, anxious, or down. It's good that I know now someone else born in February!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00