Has anyone felt the same?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by carthdoesntlikecarth, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont enjoy life like I used to. I dont like video games, history, art, or any of the things I used to. I dont like anything really. I have felt this way for possibly two years or more. I have so much potential, but I sit here at this computer all day, day after day (summer, but its not like I did any different during the school year), and I just sit here and hate life. I don't have any friends (I am serious, all school year I was without friends, and same goes for now. I used to have friends to play games online with, but they faded away likely because they never liked me to begin with.) and my father recently cut all ties with me. I feel like I shouldnt think of killing myself before my life has really begun, but honestly it's a persistent thought all day everyday. And then, there is just one thought that is in my head from the time I wake up to the time I fall asleep. That is the fact that I hate myself, more than a person should be able to hate. I dont really know why I am posting this here, but I just hope that someone understands.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

A lot of us here understand that feeling. We are all there or have been where you are, especially disliking ourselves and feeling alone. It's hard to enjoy anything when you are so depressed, even the things we used to enjoy become such a chore. But one of the best ways to get around it is to keep doing it to remind ourselves of the pleasure it once brought us and can still bring us. I would also suggest seeing a doctor, because you may need some medication to help lift your mood. You may find that the medication is enough to lift the black cloud so you can start enjoying your life again. Another suggestion is perhaps joining clubs at school to meet new people so you can make new friends and have new interests.

3. While I don't want to go to a doctor due to my personal thoughts against it, I may be able to talk to a therapist during the next school year, as I will be going to a boarding school in the city. I guess that having someone to talk to would be a help.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Being on your own is very tough like you are experiencing. You are young and it's even tough. I'm so sorry to here you are down. Do NOT anything as you are not alone here. Life is tough and families situation can be harsh especially parent relationships.

You have a lot to offer in life, so do not think your are alone. You are at a tough age in life, I suggest that you continue to post and do NOT sit alone. You need to occupy your mind, go for a walk in a park or shopping mall where you interact with people. Overthinking can be the worst aspect of being alone. If you need to talk please PM me anytime. I'm happy to listen and help in anyway. Remember you are not alone my friend. Take care and keep posting here. I hope this helps you.

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think that is a good first step, and a brave one too. Don't forget you can always talk and vent here as well. We will be here to listen :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.