Has been 6 weeks on Prozac

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpk

I guess it is working, I don't feel anything. I don't care about living or dying. I don't obsess about either one as much as I did when not on medication. I don't know if this is good or not.
It feels like being stuck in an endless loop of going no where.

lightning05

I agree, can you talk to your doctor about how the Prozac is making you feel? I know it takes some time for meds to work and I am glad you don't think about dying anymore but seems you are becoming numb to lots of other emotions too *hugs* I hope you feel better soon.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I am sorry the Prozac does not seem to be helping you, maybe go back to the doctor and explain your situation and you can be put on a more suitable one. One thing I know is medication takes time and a lot of patience, just know you are not alone in this battle, we are here :) Are you also in therapy?

mpk

Thank you all for response. I have done some research on Prozac and it seems that feelings of blah are normal as in you don't really care either way. My next appt is in June and as far as therapy it is not an option right now.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi again mpk, june is not too far away, make the most out of your appointment hun. Good luck :) Are you feeling any better now? May I ask why therapy is not an option?

mpk

Petal, thanks for the response. The VA does not really provide therapy and if so it is only for 10 minutes at time. They tend to just medicate. I feel blah but okay if that makes any sense. I have the feelings that I just don't care about much of anything yet am functioning better than not being on Prozac, weird huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00