Have you ever wished you could switch lives with another person here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nothing-

it's strange...

i have read a lot of posts from people here, and i honestly wish i could trade lives with them. i sometimes am baffled as to why any particular person feels so suicidal.

i'm not going to go into specific names, but i sometimes feel like if i was living another persons life, i would be so much more happier and feel like i would easily be able to deal with the problems they are facing. i guess it's because everyone has different problems that affect them in different ways, but i just really sometimes feel that some people have so much going for them in life, and they maybe dont appreciate it?

i hope this doesnt make me sound bad, and i really am not trying to trivialize peoples problems and feelings. i guess i wish people would just step back and take a look at the bigger picture. some people would give anything to be in your position...

J

jacknife

No. Although the question does tempt to me address unity of consciousness. According to Parfit, it's inappropriate to explain unity of consciousness or of a life by saying there's some underlying person to whom all the components of the consciousness or the life belong. In particular, there is not some underlying soul or ego or what have you that holds us together, so to speak. A person is in effect a long series of experiences, thoughts, feelings etc. Each of these series that we associate with a single person's life is tied together by various causal relations, memory being one of the more important ones.

jameslyons

I would momentarily trade places with a member who lives in the UK or Europe--mostly because i don't have the money to afford a plane ticket and this way seems the most affordable route to getting there :smile:

No I'm happy with having my life and struggles. I'd just do anything for the ability to get out of my struggles. But I think I know what you mean about other people seeming to do better than you.

Of course most of us have good days and bad days.

no i wouldnt. because from our personal view, their problems weighed up against our own, seem minima; or possible redundant.

but to them it is the hardest thing to carry. so their problems are just as 'big' or as important as the ones you feel yourself.

wastedmylife

it's strange...

i have read a lot of posts from people here, and i honestly wish i could trade lives with them. i sometimes am baffled as to why any particular person feels so suicidal.

i'm not going to go into specific names, but i sometimes feel like if i was living another persons life, i would be so much more happier and feel like i would easily be able to deal with the problems they are facing. i guess it's because everyone has different problems that affect them in different ways, but i just really sometimes feel that some people have so much going for them in life, and they maybe dont appreciate it?

i hope this doesnt make me sound bad, and i really am not trying to trivialize peoples problems and feelings. i guess i wish people would just step back and take a look at the bigger picture. some people would give anything to be in your position...
yes, I dont know why someone would want to be suicidal if they are physically healthy

Aaron

Though I have a lot of issues that need attention there are many things about me that i love...I wouldn't want to be anyone else...this is this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want to trade places with anyone else. I may not be happy with what path my life has taken, but it is my life. I wouldn't want to wish it on anyone else.

nope. because for all you know, their problems are biological. that's what i feel mine is. and genetics is something you deal with your whole life. it sounds like you have a lot of strength mentally already and hold your own well despite your hardships. i'm sure whatever you are going through will work out and for all the bad you will receive the good karma you've worked so hard for. and with that, help us others who don't really have it that bad find the strength you hold. ;) LOVE

plates

na-oh. :no:

my life's much better than it was a couple of years ago. i never knew how bad it was until i look back. i was a mess. a wreck just floating around and i was dying and i didn't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00