1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He made me paranoid

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by hannh, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannh

hannh Well-Known Member

I met a guy at the beginning of the year. We became pretty good friends, I liked talking with him, he was nice, and it was fun.

Then one day he asked for a picture of me, like, a normal one. I sent him one. After that, he started to ask me for pictures of me just in bra, or things like that. I said no, and he stopped asking me for a few days, before insisting again. I really didn't know what to do, and I wasn't expecting that at all. He was really cool, and in a second he just became an asshole. I thought maybe it was a joke or something, that he would go back to normal. He didn't.

I finished by stop talking to him. I didn't answer his messages, because I thought that if I ignored him, he would get tired and stop texting me. After a few days, he stopped.

But then, like, two or three weeks after that, a friend took my phone to text her parents and she accidentally called him. I took my phone back and hang up quickly, but it was too late. He started to text me again, to ask for photos. He insulted me, called me a slut, etc. I usually don't care when people insult me, I mean, it doesn't affect me, but I had spent the most awful summer of all my life, and it did make me really sensitive. So this time, the things he said to me affect me badly.

I didn't answer. Even if I wanted to tell him to stop. I ignored him, hoping that he would get tired like the first time. I didn't talk to anyone about this, I was saying to myself "it's my problem, and in a few days it will be over". But this time he didn't stop after a week.

He started to say that he would come at my home, and do.. Things to me. And I started to be afraid. So much that I didn't walk home alone, I didn't get out at all, and when I was home I closed everything. After two weeks I decided to block his number. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier. Maybe I was hoping he would become nice again.

But he texted me by Snapchat and Instagram and told me that if I blocked him everywhere he would give my number to his friends. I wanted to change everything, my number, erase all my accounts, but I knew my parents would ask me why, and I didn't want them to know. And I am so so stupid for that.

He stopped after two months, but even if he didn't talk or text me anymore, it was impossible for me to, like, move on and forget this. He made me completely paranoid.

I don't know if we can call that bullying. I just needed to tell this, and it was the only place where I could do that.

2. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

That's more than bullying that's harassment. I am so sorry you had to go through this but know you did nothing wrong. I totally get being paranoid after this he broke your trust. If anything happens again please tell your parents I am sure they would want to be there for you. You did good not sending him any revealing pictures they would probably have come back to haunt you. You sound like you have a very good head on your shoulders. The thing is you could maybe get a restraining order against him if it starts again. Hugs stay strong I know you will get through this come here to sf for any support you need

justrob likes this.
  3. hannh

hannh Well-Known Member

Thank you

4. PaladinofKnights

PaladinofKnights SF Supporter

If this is still goin on maybe tellin your folks to change the phone service or soemthin wouldn't be a bad plan. If this freak shows up to the house get the police involved if you don't feel safe. I'm sorry this is goin down try to take it easy.

5. hannh

hannh Well-Known Member

Okay

6. justrob

justrob Keep on keeping on.

Thank you for talking about it. I know you needed to get it out. I agree with @sassy123 and @PaladinofKnights, they are good people and I have seen them a lot on SF. I think it is a good idea for everyone to walk in groups, even when there is no issue. I tell my daughters to do that, and when they are alone to have their phones in their hand and unlocked so they can call someone. It is good you took those steps to protect yourself.

Have a good night my friend.

hannh and PaladinofKnights like this.
  7. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

If nothing else you tell your parents you're getting threatening phone calls and want to change your number. You leave out all the stuff about photos. Get them to understand. You can block all the social media access and lock it up, this guy is harassing the hell out of you and using only fear as the tactic for it. You're letting him control you. When you see him in public he'll have you by the balls and you don't want that to happen, you want to be able to give him the finger and walk away with your head up. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.