headaches for thinking?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

anyone have headaches for thinking too much? Lately I've been having headaches thinking and I get numb unable to think or do much else, it's like everything shuts down...
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

do you think it is because of everything that has been triggered lately? I was taught that a good way to help with the thinking is to focus on breathing into the area of the heart. Focus on the area of the heart while breating into that area. Its called heartMath. Maybe that method would appeal to you. You could read about it online if you want. It switches the focus from the mind to the heart. But I bet there is a lot that has come up for you lately. Sometimes thats not a bad thing. Because we can only work on things when they come up, if you know what I mean. Not an enviable position to be in though. Pain etc :hugtackles:
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I get headaches from stress, hormones, certain foods, too much/too little sleep, eyestrain. Stress could be "too much thinking" - depending on what I'm thinking about - as well as being too busy to manage everything in my life well.

Keeping things in life balanced seems to help me. Some people find that stress/tension headaches are helped by massage, too. Some people with migraines have used acupuncture. All depends on the person, the headaches, and the causes of the headaches.

Do you have a lot of worries on your mind? Is work (or home) extra busy these days? Are you on the computer all day or reading a lot - and have you had your vision checked lately to see if you need glasses or a different prescription?

All kinds of things can cause headaches. Very few of them are "serious" to my understanding, but only a doctor can check us out and diagnose. Maybe it's time to ask your doctor for answers and to get rid of the headaches. I hope you feel better soon. :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.