Hello, new here

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mentallyblue, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mentallyblue

Mentallyblue New Member

I wanted to talk about my depression. It's gotten worse and I didn't even think that was possible. But I feel like I have no one to talk to that won't be judgmental. My mom is very religious, my family may shun me and seeing a therapist or psychiatrist is out of the question. I don't want to seem like an anti-social weirdo because of this stuff plaguing me mentally. But I'm dying inside. I've been so sad and feeling just hopeless because I can't vent. It's like this stuff came out of the blue, not the depression, because I've had that since I was a child, but the different emotions I'm feeling right now. It sucks, it's an ongoing battle. I've been binge eating to cover the hurt. I've been thinking about suicide lately. Like what's worse being here suffering or dying?

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you posted here. You are not alone in suffering and keep that thought in your mind. You need to remain calm and not act on your feelings. Coming from a religious upbringing is tough to add to your woes. Don't fret now.

IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT ACT ON YOUR FEELINGS. YOU REMAIN CALM AND KEEP POSTING HERE.

3. Mentallyblue

Mentallyblue New Member

Thank you, I've been so sad lately nothing made me happy. So disconnected from reality.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad you posted. Do not disconnect from reality. You survive on a day to day basis. You feel like you are drowning but you are stronger. You first need to focus on yourself and be driven by determination. You are a survivor and that's you must focus. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE. Life is for living..... YOU ARE IMPORTANT. Crying helps as it releases the pain you feel, so let you tears roll down but you can survive. I know it's hard but don't worry now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.