Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I thought that joining this forum will help me try and deal with the garbage that is going on in my head. Heres my story, i was abused at a very early age by my parents, and then their marraige disolved, my mother took to alcoholism, and turfed me out onto the street at 17 yrs old. I enlisted into the forces, my first tour was in 99 in Kosovo, where i was involved with exhuming war dead that the serbs had committed. I returned after 7 months there, then went out to Iraq for 8 months, whilst i was out there, i was subjected to continual bombardment from insurgent forces. I was then recalled home wheee my brother had comitted suicide, we were very close. That was my first admission into a psychatric ward where i spent 3 weeks trying to sort out stuff, was then posted again. I discovered that my wife had had an affair with a colleague of mine. Then i was out to afghanistan, lost 3 of my closest friends, then came back , posted to another unit, and then back out to afghanistan. More death followed, eventually the discharged me following a medical review after i had a massive breakdown, since then i have attempted suicide a few times and been recalled to hospital 3 more times. And now the pain of all.this just keeps hounding me and im.fed up it all.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi, welcome to SF. That is a lot. I'm really sorry. You've had more than your fair share of pain it sounds like. Do you see a therapist to help you with all of this?

I hope you can stick around and get to know the community. It can be helpful to talk with people who understand.

KindaOtiose

Hi. Welcome to the forums @Combatclerk. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment.

You've been through a lot, and it is understandable that these things would affect you. Have you ever sought treatment for what you are going through? There are plenty of options from therapy to medication, which may be able to help you. In the meantime, you can always share on the forums, where you should be able to find support or any advice you need.

Stay safe. I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *brohug.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hello,
I thought that joining this forum will help me try and deal with the garbage that is going on in my head. Heres my story, i was abused at a very early age by my parents, and then their marraige disolved, my mother took to alcoholism, and turfed me out onto the street at 17 yrs old. I enlisted into the forces, my first tour was in 99 in Kosovo, where i was involved with exhuming war dead that the serbs had committed. I returned after 7 months there, then went out to Iraq for 8 months, whilst i was out there, i was subjected to continual bombardment from insurgent forces. I was then recalled home wheee my brother had comitted suicide, we were very close. That was my first admission into a psychatric ward where i spent 3 weeks trying to sort out stuff, was then posted again. I discovered that my wife had had an affair with a colleague of mine. Then i was out to afghanistan, lost 3 of my closest friends, then came back , posted to another unit, and then back out to afghanistan. More death followed, eventually the discharged me following a medical review after i had a massive breakdown, since then i have attempted suicide a few times and been recalled to hospital 3 more times. And now the pain of all.this just keeps hounding me and im.fed up it all.
You've been through so much @Combatclerk. Thank you for sharing your story and also for serving your country. The forum is international and that's one thing among many that I like about here.

It can help you feel better. My condolences for your brother. It's a alot to carry. It sounds like you need time to heal, if you dont mind me saying so. Hope to see you around here more.

Counselling has not worked for me, the MoD sent me on 20 week CBT course which didnt work for me. I have tried 1-1 and group therapy and it just doesnt work. I have been diagnosed with a condition and associated disorders that go with 24 years service life and a rubbish upbringing.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hello and welcome to SF. I'm so sorry that things have been so bad with the service, and about your brother. That's just shit, man. That's sounds like some serious PTSD working there. You said you went to DBT and therapy and are on medication. I'm glad you're trying to take a proactive approach to your care. I hope you get some support here.

Hello and welcome to SF. I'm so sorry that things have been so bad with the service, and about your brother. That's just shit, man. That's sounds like some serious PTSD working there. You said you went to DBT and therapy and are on medication. I'm glad you're trying to take a proactive approach to your care. I hope you get some support here.
Thank you for your kind thoughts walker. Only time will tell....

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Counselling has not worked for me, the MoD sent me on 20 week CBT course which didnt work for me. I have tried 1-1 and group therapy and it just doesnt work. I have been diagnosed with a condition and associated disorders that go with 24 years service life and a rubbish upbringing.
I've only found 2 counselors out of about 12 or so that I've liked or connected with.

Wow, you've been in the service for a long time. It seems like at this point its managing your mental issues. I know that it's a topic that has come up here, the importance of a diagnosis. I come on here daily as a support. I've given up on therapy, just bcz I cant go over my past anymore. Life isnt fair as you know, but I'm glad that you found us here.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @Combatclerk , welcome to SF. That is a lot... I cannot even begin to process how much pain you've gone through. It seems like you're doing your best and I'm glad you reached out to us as well. I hope our community of people who genuinely care helps a little, we're always here for you, no matter how bad things get. Sending massive hugs in the meantime.

Waves

Hi Combat,
😢. Hugs. Your story makes me so angry. I hate abuse, war, trauma, abandonment. Societal ills that we try so hard to protect our children from. God I truly want best for you. Very best!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00