Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Hi there everyone.

I came across this forum while looking for some form of support/help with issues that have been with me since I was around thirteen or so (I'm 21 now).
Basically, I'm in a mess at the moment ~ in that I find with each effort I make to improve my situation, I seem to make it worse. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone?

I've had issues with self-harm and drug/alcohol abuse since thirteen, which have eventually led to depression and attempted suicide on three occasions. I have "good" days and "bad" days...just like anyone, I suppose. Today is a "good" day and as such, it seems that my sentances may actually make sense! (Believe me, you'll know if I'm having a "bad" day by the unintelligible rambling that will appear in my posts!)

I don't have a doctor at the moment, due to areas of incompetence that shined through in my last one. However, he did point out that I may very well be Bipolar. I know I need to get this checked out, but I'm not very trusting of others (something I will ask your patience for, but I'm sure others can relate.)

Anyway, I shan't "waffle" on any longer!
I'm glad I found you all ~ I feel reassured that I'm not alone in this. I look forward to getting to know you all at least a little better.

Skye

:welcome: to the Forum, Skye :)
I'm sorry you've had problems like that. I understand what you mean about making your situation worse while trying to make it better though!
Rambling is allowed here, possibly even encouraged ;)
You are definitely not alone, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here :)
Take care, and if you need anything feel free to just post or PM :)

Lauren

Skye

Thanks Lauren. :smile:

No need to be sorry hun. Many of the things that have created this nightmare I call my life, have been done by my own hand. I only have myself to blame for my situation, really. In many ways, I am my own worst enemy! :rolleyes:

I guess I just don't know where to begin ~ I need help in trying to help myself. I'm trying to separate each individual issue at the moment, although I'm not sure that's the best way of dealing with all of this...I'm very determined to try and make a better life for myself now.

Thank you for the very kind, warm welcome.

Skye

Just_a_guy

Hello Skye and welcome to the forum :)

In one sense we are all our own worst enemies. I think too often we are judge ourselwes too harsly and we need someone to tell that its ok to make mistakes. I think its great that you are very determined and im sure you will be able to make things better for yourself. Also we can offer a helping hand ;)

Take care

Hello Skye, Welcome to SF. Many of our members have the same issues as you do. WE can share with you our thoughts feelings, what has worked for us, hasn't worked etc. In general just offer support wherever it is you may need. Take care and hope to see you around the site. :hug:

sadsong

Staff Alumni
welcome to the site :) If only we knew what future consequences our actions would have, i'm sure we wouldn't do half the things we do. I hope you find the support you are looking for, and as lauren said, feel free to waffle away!

Lizzy

S

SteakAndChips

Hi Skye - hope to see you about and that you find the friendship and support that you deserve here :)

Love

GE
x

BlackPegasus

Welcome to the forum. I understand about havign trouble trusting. I've had some bad doctors in the past and only one that wroked out for me. I was in a big mess back then and he helped me survive it but for various reasons I cannot seek help for this problem now. Sorry i'm carrying on here but I'm getting to a point. My doctor told me I need to find some good friends to talk to and that set me off on a few years worth of search. So i can relate a bit to how you are feeling. If you ever need to talk you can PM me. Sometimes people get an attitude if you aren't seeing a doctor or so I've expereinced but I won't be that way. What I will do is try and listen listen listen. Take care and sorry for my late reply here.

Mia

Casey.

Aww. I'm here, okay? If you ever want to talk, or rant, or anything. I've had trouble with SI and Drug/alchohol abuse since I was young as well, and I think I might understand what you're going through. PM me if you want, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00