• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Help - everything at once

#1
I don't know how to deal with everything that's happening to me currently. I'm 62, married to a man that has absolutely no interest in me, I have nowhere to go even though we are separating, and I've just been diagnosed autistic, and also realised that I'm bi, leaning heavily towards women. I have zero income and I'm totally dependent on a man that basically has no time for me any more.
 

1Lefty

SF Supporter
#2
Hi Lasse,
Welcome to SF !

I don't know how to deal with everything that's happening to me currently. I'm 62, married to a man that has absolutely no interest in me, I have nowhere to go even though we are separating, and I've just been diagnosed autistic, and also realised that I'm bi, leaning heavily towards women. I have zero income and I'm totally dependent on a man that basically has no time for me any more.
That sounds difficult, but you're in a good place here to talk about what's on your mind, with a community of others who have/had challenges
We're supportive, and non-judgmental

*grouphug2
 
#3
That is a lot to deal with all at once.

Do you mostly want to talk about how you feel about this, or just talk about this in general? I like to give advice when it's welcome, but it's ok if you don't want that.

Sending hugs
 
#5
I don't know how to deal with everything that's happening to me currently. I'm 62, married to a man that has absolutely no interest in me, I have nowhere to go even though we are separating, and I've just been diagnosed autistic, and also realised that I'm bi, leaning heavily towards women. I have zero income and I'm totally dependent on a man that basically has no time for me any more.
So sorry you are going through this. You are not alone and I'm glad you are reaching out. I hope you can also take steps to get some legal advice - if you are dependent on your husband you should be able to get spousal support (I would not advise moving out until you get legal advice as you may be considered to be giving up any claim on your residence). You may be able to call 211 for information about free legal advice, income support and housing. If your husband is mentally or physically abusive, there may be domestic violence organizations that will help as well. Please be careful about leaving a computer trail of your activities if he's likely to check your browser history. The safest bet is a public computer at the library, or use a "private" browser or look up how to erase your browsing history.

Congratulations on realizing your sexual orientation and getting a diagnosis for your disability. *hug
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#6
I don't know how to deal with everything that's happening to me currently. I'm 62, married to a man that has absolutely no interest in me, I have nowhere to go even though we are separating, and I've just been diagnosed autistic, and also realised that I'm bi, leaning heavily towards women. I have zero income and I'm totally dependent on a man that basically has no time for me any more.
Sad to hear that things are not going well for you, but glad you are posting here because you are welcomed and valued here and among understanding and caring members here.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top