Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether

I wish I could just stop eating until I get to the weight I want.. But I can`t do it and it sickens me !! I eat les that 200 cals per day for about 3 weeks and then BAM!! I can`t stop. I eat like 3000 calories a day. It. sucks. Makes me feel like a fuck-up.
Anyone knows how to stop this ? Please ??
I`m disgusted with myself..

oval

thats no surprise. of course you will go on a binge when you deprive your body of essential nutrients for so long. its not even really in your control. you body thinks HOLY FUCK! FOOD! this is the only time i get this so i must stock up on reserves for the bad times to come.
if you do not eat a minimum of calories that your body needs for organ function (based on your height, weight, age, activity level) your body WILL store fat and you will not only lose weight slower but you will also fall back into binges like these bc your body will simply crave food and it will crave it badly.
rather then doing this, why dont you start working out? if you eat healthy (and by that i mean eating lean proteins, low carb, lots of vegetables, drinking a fuckton of water. and not just eating one apple and calling that your meal of the day) and work out regularly, say 3-5 times a week, switch up between doing cardio and some weight lifting (this can be lifting your own body weight such as doing push ups, squats etc) the weight will fall right off!

Aether

I went to the gym for a week and it did good to me, but I`ve always had problems with keeping doing things for a long period of time, so I gave up after.. No good reason for it, just couldn`t bring myself to get out of the house. I`ll try to go again, but sometimes I simply can`t eat; it disgusts me, like I can`t control anything..

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I think when dealing with eating habits, it is more about self worth...eating is a symptom...we have to feel we deserve to be healthy...and yes, get back to exercise and set realistic goals for yourself so you can follow through

flowers

hi. I have had both sides of the ed. And believe me when I say that I still grapple with it. I have serious issues with wanting to eat eat eat. I am 62 years old. So I have had a lot of years to figure out what works and what doesnt. when you starve your body, it is going to crave food so strongly that you will not have a chance of succeeding. Not only that, but eating a diet too low in calories shuts the body down. The bodys furnace. Because it goes into starvation mode. It just wants to conserve whatever fat it can so it can make it through the period of starvation. Bodies are pretty brilliant that way. They are set up to try survive the worst of cirtumstances. Of course the disease of anorexia and bulimia are no match for the innate intelligence of the body sometimes. And the disease wins and destroys the body.

I have found that eating a reasonable amount of calories that are derived from low carb foods is the best way to lose weight. Proteins keep the bodys furnace working. Vegetables keep the body healthy. I want you to know that when I starved eating 400 calories a day for a long time, my body went into starvation mode and my fat burning mechanism pretty much shut down. Also, I permanently destroyed my health eating less than what my body needed to function. So it is very important if you want to lose weight to eat a reasonable amount of food. So you can burn off fat. Keep the furnace going at optimal rate. When you do this, you will be less likely to go into a rebound binge.

I stay away from foods that are higher in carbs. such as sugar and foods that are high in starch.

Would it be possible for you to find a good support for losing weight? i know that OA has people from both sides of the spectrum. Both people who weigh more than is optimal, and people who are grappling with anorexia and Bulimia. Its all different sides of the same coin, so to speak. I am very glad you joined this community. Please keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00